whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

The worst mass murder in NYC comitted by one man killed 87 people and not a shot was fired. No one talked about banning the murder weapon.

How about holding the doctors responsible who medicate these kids into the psychotic killers that they become. I can guarantee you that this kid was on some mind adjusting medication, like the punk in Oregon.

again I ask for the evidence of this. And again the biggest mass murder in nyc was a few thousand killed We still use jets. Truly if you do not understand mental illness, you should not make such statements.

Wackos like this need to be killed without mercy! I have one question, don't most schools have a security system that prevents students from leaving the building during school hours? It seems as tho this or something like this could be used in the future to stop things like this from happening ... just a thought... prayers for all involved

I sit watching the news totally numb....Pray for all the families. Lets have some time to mourn and pray. Such a gut wrenching COWARDLY act.

Please lets save the gun control issues for another topic.

We should look at how kids games desensitize them to life in general. Pulling that trigger has no effect on life and this is what we form the minds of kids with........God Bless the victims and their families.

• Like 1

While emotions are running high, it does not help the situation to toss about names like crazies, whacko, crack pot, nut job, etc., because it only adds to the stigma that prevents people from coming forward or seeking help when they need it.

And, do you really know of any doctors that walk the street collecting kids to feed drugs to? How many parents run to doctors for a pill to control their kid when they say "I can't control little Johnny or Suzy"?

Rather than demonize doctors how about taking a hard, honest, look at some of the parents, or lack thereof, out there.

There is always the potential for a biological/physical explanation, but there is also the psychological and social etiology. Sometimes medications are absolutely necessary, other times it's therapy, very frequently it's a combination of both, and sometimes it is neither. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's a lot more complicated than that.

Again, I send my prayers, and now I will remain silent.

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 1

I'm not suggesting restricting legal gun ownership or banning assault weapons. I believe people kill people, not guns. So I just want to see us try harder to keep them out of the hands of mental defects.

again, how do you keep someone unarmed that doesent have a mental issue at the time or for years, untill the time he finally goes nuts and kills people? do you have a premeptive test to weed these people out? I agree, if someone has issues, when they try and buy a firearm, sure dont let em buy one........................but how will you account for the future mental well being of anyone, including yourself?

again I ask for the evidence of this. And again the biggest mass murder in nyc was a few thousand killed We still use jets.

WTC- 9/11 was a group of hijackers/killers/murderers; he's trying to trip you up on that vs one man.

What he's talking about is this guy;

http://murderpedia.org/male.G/g/gonzalez-julio.htm

Classification: Mass murderer Characteristics: Cuban refugee who set the club "The Happy Land" on fire Number of victims: 87 Date of murders: March 25, 1990 Date of arrest: Next day Date of birth: October 10, 1954 Victims profile: Men and women (most of the victims were ethnic Hondurans celebrating Carnival) Method of murder: Spreading gasoline on the only staircase into the club Location: New York City, New York, USA Status: Sentenced to 174 twenty-five-year sentences (a total of 4,350 years) on September 19, 1991

Google is your friend.

You can start by limiting what type of weapons are available to ANYONE. Assault weapons ban bring it back. Can't buy ammo over the internet. When you buy your ammo at Dicks and they ask for you license just smile and give it to them. Do you people realize that if just one 10 year old was spared because this guy could only get off 3 shots instead of twenty it would be worth it..... or are your guns too precious. Yea emotions are running high, I just wonder if it was yours...................I am a die hard hunter and gun owner. I could give a shit if I had to register or go through more background checks. Just think, just think, just think, for a moment ....I here the feds are after that and that-bullshit and wake up. You don't like what I say tough shit, This is the way I feel and I'm just like you a hunter on a hunting website that I love. If just one life was saved by banning assault weapons so be it, go ahead sharks and feed......................oh yea I don't support the NRA.....

Edited by First-light
  • Like 1

You can start by limiting what type of weapons are available to ANYONE. Assault weapons ban bring it back. Can't buy ammo over the internet. When you buy your ammo at Dicks and they ask for you license just smile and give it to them. Do you people realize that if just one 10 year old was spared because this guy could only get off 3 shots instead of twenty it would be worth it..... or are your guns too precious. Yea emotions are running high, I just wonder if it was yours...................I am a die hard hunter and gun owner. I could give a shit if I had to register or go through more background checks. Just think, just think, just think, for a moment ....I here the feds are after that and that-bullshit and wake up. You don't like what I say tough shit, This is the way I feel and I'm just like you a hunter on a hunting website that I love. If just one life was saved by banning assault weapons so be it, go ahead sharks and feed......................oh yea I don't support the NRA.....

you do realize that my "ASSAULT" weapon is the SAME exact operating system as the semi auto rife I was given to hunt with at the ripe old age of 16?? but I guess my assualt weapon is black, so its scarier......you already go through background checks at point of sale...would you like to be rechecked every month? the original clinton era assualt weapons ban DID nothing to curb violence.................evil people will do evil things, if it isnt with a gun, it'll be with a bomb, or a car, or a knife, or whatever they can get ahold off....................so yeah I agree lets illegalize those evil semi auto's.................... turn in your grand dads browning auto 5, or the m1 garand that your uncle bought home from the war..................scary scary things these guns..........................................oh wait, its the person behind it that does the crime, I forget these things since my keyboard speaks for itself, I just type the words

• Like 2

You couldnt be more wrong or misguided and are an anti gun advocates wet dream. With the way things are going in our country with government, big business and some of the nuts that are vying for power in America i plan on keeping all my guns and buying lots more ammo and i want my guns to have much in the way of firepower. Our second amendment rights have nothing to do with sportsmans rights and shooting at ducks n bunnies. What happened today is an unthinkable tragedy and makes me sick but i'll thank you to not throw away my rights to protect myself and my family.

• Like 2

Terrible... Terrible ! Never remember hearing about any of this crap when I was growin up' ! Great another push for "banning guns" ... They're gonna get the dam things anyhow , some way... Facebook is blowin up with status posts for ban guns n this wouldn't happen ... IGNORANT is what I say! U know how many sarcastic quotes I read today about " people kill not guns" only to discredit that statement! I posted sayin "how many responsible gun owners r gonna b PISSED OFF if u ban guns"!!! Only in the last ten or so years has shit like this become the rage of deranged people to work out there f'd up problems, mirror image of how our country and home life has been run Lately with parents... Little punks actin out like this is a shame and "America opts for the easy fix " ban guns" ... Ya right ... Welcome to America these days ... The easy fix .... Pitiful!

This was a facebook post and found it interesting and thought provoking as well.

Myself and all my friends owned the same type of semi-automatic rifles and pistols 50 yrs ago- My 50 yr old Browning semi-auto .22 pistol holds 18 rounds and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. The .22 is the preferred caliber for mafia hits- head shots- don't tell me it won't kill. This gun could have taken out 18 elementary children in a school easily-popped in another loaded clip and 18 more are dead- and so on. The semi-auto hunting rifles we all owned back then only held 5 rounds. We could have walked into any school, taken out 5 students, popped in another loaded clip (takes 2 seconds) and killed 5 more, and 5 more and 5 more....... I'm talking military caliber 30-06. I ask you- Since there were as many or more guns per capita in my day, why was there not only NO SHOOTINGS, it never even entered anyone's mind. Are you really trying to tell me that it's because of the convenience the amount of cartridges the semi-auto rifles can hold today (as opposed to popping in clip after clip in my day) is the reason why people are deciding "Now's the time to do it- We don't have to keep popping multiple clips in these modern guns". Absurd! Since there was PLENTY of firepower for massacres in my day with guns, why were there none? Why are they so prevalent today. Semi-automatic rifles and pistols are a common denominator for back then and today. I ask you-Why are people doing this today-What's different???

In light of today's events. I find it offensive that many of you have taken this tragedy as an opportunity to use these poor defenseless innocent children as a vehicle for you to spew garbage and to promote your personal agendas.

I don't want to hear a debate on God or the NRA. Forget your Politically correct comment

s for 24 hours. Instead, think of the 20 beautiful children who will not be coming home tonight, and the parents that will never see their children reach another milestone. And the Hero teachers and staff that tried to shield these children.

Thank you.

• Like 3

We have computer data bases don't we? Sorry if it's discrimination but folks with mental illness should be registered in a data base. cross reference with registered fire arms. if you are registered with mental illness you have to give up what ever weapons you already own. Like sex offenders can't live in a house offering day care. Folks with mental illness can't live in a house with firearms or own them themselves.

like that would work.funny.

There was no assault weapon used in this shooting spree. But please, go on with your ranting.....

Violence, violence, violence. This is what our children are being exposed to in today's society. Whether it's on the tv, the web or so called social media. There is an endless barrage of violence and kids are starting to believe that it is the way to deal with life's issues. It does not matter what you may try to teach them, they are exposed to violence at every juncture of their daily lives. The tv shows are so graphic and violent, the internet allows kids to actually watch people being murdered (mexican drug gangs, middle eastern beheadings) kids are being threatened and bullied via social media, the list is endless. Don't kid yourself into believing that your kids are not exposed to this, you can't watch them 24 hours a day. Society is becoming more and more violent and our children are becoming numb to the pain and suffering caused to others. Incidents like today will happen again and maybe get worse, if that's possible. Guns have been a part of American society for generations and it is only in recent years that we have seen this phenomenon of school shootings occur. We must ask ourselves what has changed?

Is it the guns or is it US.