Duck Dynasty

Water Rat

My wife watches as well..mostly wondering why those smokin wives are with hillbilly in ZZTop beards. $$$$$$$ is the obvious answer

I'm hit or miss on the show itself and never really got into the Duck or Buck Commander shows either, but you do realize darn near all of them are highly educated? Look like, talk like, act like hillbillies? Yes...but they're also very educated and well-versed businessmen. I suspect they know more about the finer things in life than most regular people do.

• Like 1

I have read a few articles on them. The beards only came out during hunting season at first and once the tv shows started they kept them. Everyone on the show has a college education except Si. There is also an older brother that was a pastor for years and just came back to the company in the last few years but discovery didn't want to put him on the show because he is clean shaven and doesn't really " fit in".

Edited by noahmstone

They should of interviewed Si. Would of been very interesting. He makes the show.

his character has become to much. not that anyone should believe for a second that it's not scripted, but i liked the first season where we received doses of Si. Now it's just too much over the top. My favorite is Phil. He's not scripted and has classic bits of wisdom.

I know non-hunting women who like DD and read their books as well. How can you not?

I'd watch it over anything else on TV nowadays.......................Yuppy kids.

wife loves it almost more than me. haha. bunch of country boys go off and marry a bunch of city girls and this is what you get. yuppy grandkids.

I think the reason why some of the episodes seem to be all over the place is because its a non-scripted show. They are just living life and cameras are tagging along. If it was scripted there would be a story line and some sense created out of the madness. I personally like the show. They are good people who made a killing on duck calls. The american dream. And they give back to the community and other organizations. Willie even adopted a kid. They are some goof balls for sure but it is WAY better than these other stupid shows out these days. (Like jersey shore and real house wives of whatever stupid county...all the BS my wife trys to make me watch!)

As far as I'm concerned I hope the show stays on for a long time. Gives me a good laugh everytime I watch and at least its hunting related sorta lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

the  show is very scripted. hate to tell you that. do you honestly belive half of the warehouse stuff would actually happen? Generally these guys probably have antics on a day to day basis, but nothing like what they do for tv.

noo they were there before the money

yes

I think they were all clean cut back in there high school and college days.

and yes. I believe, willie like Phil was an athlete as well.

Edited by Belo

The patriarch played ball with Terry Bradshaw in college. Stories of him having deer hung up in the college campus housing when recruits were visiting....pretty good stuff. Coaches noted that they'd have to reel him back in during practices when a flock flew overhead. He'd wander off mentally.

My wife watches as well..mostly wondering why those smokin wives are with hillbilly in ZZTop beards. $$$$$$$ is the obvious answer

I would imagine the 3 members of ZZ-Top get royalty payments for the opening song "Sharp Dressed Man".

his character has become to much. not that anyone should believe for a second that it's not scripted, but i liked the first season where we received doses of Si. Now it's just too much over the top. My favorite is Phil. He's not scripted and has classic bits of wisdom.

I like em all! lol im not really sure who is my fav...

I like at the end of the show when Phil begins grace before dinner with...."Bow your heads........Thank you Lord for another day on planet earth".

thats also one of my favorite parts... symbolizes something that has been lost in american culture, the family sitting around the table and eating a meal together like that, sad that in a lot of american familys it has almost become a rarity...

yes i believe they do... I heard Willie yelled at A&E (or whoever runs camera) cause they kept wanting to reshoot stuff to get better shots... he basicly said that this is a real life show so it aint gonna look perfect all the time... My all time fav is prob Willie doin yoga at the local yoga place and phil walked in... lol lol lol

Im pretty sure Phils place is a house, not a trailer or double wide. Most homes down there dont have basements and many, especially the ones near swamps or the coast, are built up on stilts like that. Ive seen that place on episodes of Duck Commander, so yes, they live there.

Remember, Phil isnt poor, hes the one that started the whole company to begin with.

Sittin here watching reruns n wondering if any of ya'll own any duck commander calls? The ones I've come across are crap in my opinion . But what I'm really wondering is how u enjoy there spittle in ur new call haha... See em all the time blowin in calls there makin ... Not somethin I'd be enthusiastic about puttin my mouth to at 6 in the Mornin ...!

• Like 1

Sittin here watching reruns n wondering if any of ya'll own any duck commander calls? The ones I've come across are crap in my opinion . But what I'm really wondering is how u enjoy there spittle in ur new call haha... See em all the time blowin in calls there makin ... Not somethin I'd be enthusiastic about puttin my mouth to at 6 in the Mornin ...!

Yeah and if you spit a piece of hair out of your mouth, you'll know  where that came from too.

Edit: LOL

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 2 months later...