Pre-"game" rituals?

crappyice

Anyone want to fess up to their OCD/neurotic/superstitious behaviors prior to their hunt? This does not include clothes prep or scent killers(unless you need to spray your left foot 13 times and your right foot 10 times).

When I exit the parkway on the drive to my hunting ground I play"Sympathy for the Devil" by The Stones. The day i shot my first deer, this song came on the radio as I pulled up to hunt. Played it ever since. I also need to pack Peanut Chews as a treat-they are getting hard to find in local stores so now I order bushels full prior to the season.

• Like 1

My wife has to make me my good luck butter nut squash and sage rossoto. It's my bow season ritual... She made it for me a few years back and called it joking around the "goodluck rossoto" next morn I had a encounter with a huge buck. So I have her make it the day before opening. Omg it's so good too

• Like 1

Check out the song " white tail ridge " on YouTube, good song , gonna be my on the way to the woods song from now on, opening day breakfast with all the family hunters when gun season hits, and opening night whole family (me,cousins and uncles , go to a apiece of land my grandfather use to own but lost to the bank when his house and farm burt down 30 years ago gratefully enough a nice family friend bought it and we still can hunt it,

No real pre game ones,but one thing I do that some find a little out there,is I never set my clocks back when the time changes.

I'm always off for a week or two then and just keep on getting up and down with the sun just like the deer.

Just gotta be careful if your meeting another hunter in the AM....

Oh as far as food always have to carry Atomic Fireballs.

Its a tasty treat that last 20 minutes, and I've killed a fair number of deer soon after popping one in

They should put them in camo wrappers and sell them to hunters with a 5 fold mark up!

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

1. Metallica : One   Drive in dirt road driving

Led Zeppelin : The Song Remains The Same : Live   These 3 songs must be played at camp at least one night: The Song Remains The Same, No Quarter and Dazed and Confused which is how I feel sometimes hunting these remote deep woods deer...

Ham, Turkey and American Cheese triple decker sandwich a must for a full days hunt with a soda and chips...  Nuts, which is how many view me hunting these deep woods with a bow while stalking...

Songs I think of while hunting:  Not really a ritual but I have thought of SOS more than one time while deep darkness sets in miles back...

Aaliya :  Try Again  When I fail...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEF_-IcnQC4

Rihanna:  SOS  When I am stuck way back in the dark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXmF4GbA86E

Requiem For A Dream :  My new hunting theme for this year, epic...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Kwf_nNmGI  Play this in your head when the deer comes into play...  When shooting and prepping!!!  Keeps me focused...

Guess my only "ritual" that I do right before heading out is remembering to take a whiz, to get rid of the coffee that I drank earlier! Easier to do it before heading out, then realizing you forgot and have to do it right around daylight and you're 20' up with bow (or gun) in your hand.  B)

Edited by Cabin Fever

just a dress rehersal 3 days prior to opening day (my brothers laugh at me but............) the day before opener i will do another quick dress rehersal to make sure  licence.. shells.. gun.. camo... ect.. ect... is all good to go. i do this every season and every season it seems that somebody as we are getting out of the trucks is looking to find some batteries....... shells....... and yes one year my cousin had his back tags but they where from the prior year............

as far as a meal goes.......... lasgauna dinner the night before with plenty of water and pepsi. lunch while in the woods is a bolongna and cheese sandwich along with peanuts.

that night........... we as a hunting party are in the process of butchering a deer and enjoying liver,and onions along with tenderloin and some beer.

cant wait and best of luck to all.

and just like the beer commercial........... its only weird if it dont work

just a dress rehersal 3 days prior to opening day (my brothers laugh at me but............) the day before opener i will do another quick dress rehersal to make sure licence.. shells.. gun.. camo... ect.. ect... is all good to go. i do this every season and every season it seems that somebody as we are getting out of the trucks is looking to find some batteries....... shells.......

Kind of like when you were a kid and put your Halloween costume on the night before? Yeah I do that.

Soon to be added to my ritual: Eat a huge plate of Jalapeno Poppers the night before... lol i had my first serving of them today and am in love!!!!

sounds good except the next day in the woods when you suddenly feel like you are prairiee dogginn then you say crap can't hold it anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 1