Whats your Gun season go to tool?

apoallo

Someone just posted a similar topic but for Bow, so lets do one for guns. Name your setup Gun, sights and ammo used. this is your go to rifle or shotgun, your most favorite boom stick for hunting. Your First choice for the season. Ill go first

Edited by apoallo

Whichever one is closest to the door and has ammo in it!  That's actually a really hard question.  I'm comfortable grabbing any of my 4 for anything out to 150 yds.  I guess, if I HAD to pick a go-to it'd be my Savage 220 with a 3-9x40 Weaver shooting 2 3/4' Hornady SSTs loaded with 250gr FTX slugs.

• Like 1

It was an old savage 110e in .243 win with a bushnell 3-9x40 with 100gr. Remington core lokts but my father asked for it back because he might start hunting again. So I bought a Browning xbolt micro hunter 7mm-08 with a Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 with 140gr. Federal fusions that I am hoping is as reliable and lethal as that old savage.

Edited by noahmstone
  • Like 3

This year will be my CVA Wolf with a 3-9 scope, 90 grains of triple 7 powder under a 245 grain powerbelt aerotip bullet.Also use a Marlin Slugmaster with a Bushnell red dot and Remington Buckhammer 12 Ga. slugs.I have not had many shots the past few years during the regular season but I know I can drop a deer with either of those.

Remington M700 Mountain Rifle ( walnut/blued) in 7MM08 with Burris 2x7, shooting my handloads with Barnes 120 grain TSX at a little over 3000 FPS MV..

Backup...Winchester M70 Lightweight ( laminate/blued) in .280 Rem with Leupold fixed 6X, shooting my handloads of 140 Barnes TTSX at a little over 3000 FPS MV ..

Fun gun..To be carried when I feel like something different.. Garand M-1 30-06, 1943 vintage, shooting my handloads of 150 grain spitzers at about 2700 FPS, issue peep sights..

TC Encore 50 cal muzzleloader. Weaver Grand Slam rings and a Vortex Viper HS 2.5 - 10 x 44 scope. I run 250 grain Hornady SSTs with Blackhorn 209 powder.

DSCN1043_zps27d5c01a.jpg

Is that a dip on the stock and forearm?  Mine is the Pro Hunter FX, which is basically the same, but I LOVE that look!

For the past 16yrs I've always used my mossberg 500 12 gauge with 28" bird barrel I've taken tons of deer with but this year ill retiring the shot gun and hunting with a pistol

Ruger super redhawk 44 mag 7 1/2" barrel 240 grain. With a red dot scope

post-1581-0-42200400-1379820796_thumb.jp

Edited by Red