What's it go?

Enigma

Butching a bear is about  lack of worms  liver condition 1st.. 

Then if its clean . You need to get all the fat off of it or you will swear its worse meat you ever had.. that young bear you wouldnt shoot would be the best eating.  Fat free the meat is excellent. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Last one was big. Those of you that have shot a Bear how do you have it cut up? I have a lot of bear in my area and its just a matter of time until we get one. Ground meat and roasts? 

Had bacon made. Sausage.ground steaks and roasts... just make sure your butcher know all and i mean all the fat has to be trimmed out... no scraps to grind.  Your grinding pure meat.. yes there will be lot of waste scraps but the meat you have will be excellent. 

LOL come on man......

I’m dead serious. Those super fat ones go 600lb+ every year in NJ/PA eating from diner dumpsters.

For me personally, I’d love a color phase bear since I won’t spend the money to shoot a grizzly or kodiak. A blonde or cinnamon black would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, corydd7 said:

350 big bear. Mind if I ask what area or town in 3m? I've had some luck on stateland at Rosa Gap state forest. Bloomingburg definitely has bears. My brother just found a skull in his backyard.

Good luck

Not far from Goshen. Private property. 

On 8/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, Enigma said:

This is the one we're hoping to see . . . Weight?

20220830_120621.jpg

We have a good number of bears here. I'm no expert. Have never shot one, though have had many opportunities. 

Ears appear small. Pretty thick through the shoulders, and a bit of a hump. Short looking legs. Very rounded rump. All say mature bear. Mid 300s easy.

Best of luck on the hunt my friend. 

• Like 1

i'm a novice when it comes to bear but if my recent bear hunt in Maine taught me anything it's that you can't judge a live bears weight worth a damn. bear shot in camp was 185 due to lack of fat. both outfitter and hunters with over 20+ yrs of experience thought it was going to be around 250lb. scales don't lie though.

i'm a novice when it comes to bear but if my recent bear hunt in Maine taught me anything it's that you can't judge a live bears weight worth a damn. bear shot in camp was 185 due to lack of fat. both outfitter and hunters with over 20+ yrs of experience thought it was going to be around 250lb. scales don't lie though.

I think 95% of the bears taken in Maine are 185lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1