Just shot one!

Geno C

Thanks guys!! It will be a memribal deer for sure, being my first Halloween hunt ever. I'll post the full story in a bit, he's not the biggest buck but I sure am happy to have harested him on this day. I have let many smaller buck and doe walk but when I saw him come into the hyper growl, I was pumped! I have him on cam a few times and I knew who he was right away. Here's a pic when I got him home. I'm shot getting him out of the woods and loaded up myself lol

post-252-13832344073389_thumb.jpg

post-252-13832344285696_thumb.jpg

post-252-13832344436322_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice deer, congrats!! It's not everyone who can show us a good buck and their prized biceps all in the same picture!! LOL NYAntler will have it framed, for sure!

Oh I thought for sure YOU would have noticed my flip flops lmao

• Like 1

Good job bro.

I busted that bro out just cause its a special occasion. Now, was this the one you hit with the truck and you just went back and put an arrow in it? lol

Yeah I saw that, nice usage by the way lol

No not the same deer :P

So, the Buck Growl really works? Did you see him cruising and call him in?

Funny you ask, I have used it a few times with little success. I was watching drury WM14 I think and they were showing how to use it. Apparently I forgot how to really use it. When I was seeing deer after deer I said let me hit this growl, of there's a buck out there I'm getting him to come in. So I grunted, long growl, grunt, snort wheeze then grunt. Waited 10 sec did the same thing and as soon as my call hit my pocket this buck came running in full speed trying to see what was going on. No doubt was he responding to the call and when he stepped into my lane, he ate it...

The call worked for this time

Funny you ask, I have used it a few times with little success. I was watching drury WM14 I think and they were showing how to use it. Apparently I forgot how to really use it. When I was seeing deer after deer I said let me hit this growl, of there's a buck out there I'm getting him to come in. So I grunted, long growl, grunt, snort wheeze then grunt. Waited 10 sec did the same thing and as soon as my call hit my pocket this buck came running in full speed trying to see what was going on. No doubt was he responding to the call and when he stepped into my lane, he ate it...

The call worked for this time

Just out of curiosity, what call do you use?  Is it the Primos Buck Growl?