anybody else checking there zero

i shot and sighted in my new scope on my 870 2 weeks before bow season started. we get upstate the day before opener and shoot just to double check each year. its dead on at 50- 100 yards with the new BDC scope. i miss this gun, ive been using my 270 wb for the past 3 years

ive had my 870 since i was 12 i think, maybe 13.. matte finish with a brand new Nikon BDC scope on it. looks like its never fired a round ever... but ive killed many deer with it and fired many many many rounds through it.My dad bought this gun for me when i was young as a gift. one day ill pass it down. im so pumped to get in the woods with this gun this year again.

I have been shooting my .270 a lot since I bought it. It's just fun to shoot. But it would be  a good idea to do a bit of practice of my bi-pod shooting sticks just to see how well that works.

I have my gun zeroed at 100 yards. That is probably farther than most of my shots will be, but it seemed like a good place to have it given the terrain and density around here. What distance do you all set yours at? Probably sounds like a dumb question, but this is my first year with a deer rifle. At this point I am just full of dumb questions .... lol.

Doc - love my .270 and will be passing it to my son for the first time this yr for the PA season. He's been using .243 but has grown enough to now handle the additional recoil. Since getting the 700 Rem 20 yrs ago, I've switched to left handed shooting (left eye dominant) and think it's time to buy a new left handed .270. Good luck all

I always take three shots to check them. Better safe than sorry. I may not need to do two and my line of thinking may be open to debate, but I fire one and then the second with a dirty barrel and the third is just to confirm the second.  The barrel isn't cleaned after that until the end of the season.  The other thing I do is leave the gun in the garage until seasons end. No huge temp swings that way. Again, probably not really necessary... but it makes me feel better. :D