Post a picture of your deer stand / blind

burmjohn

25ft, on a metal telephone pole, has high tension wires, buried using a pole digger, that thing is going nowhere

he shoots an 8-10pt every year out of the stand, and he is 71yrs old

Thats 25 feet?? no way lol.  I thought I was climbing up to 20 feet and i am nowhere near that height

I'm not a expert on ladders, but I like my ladders like a regular ladder stand. Not pole steps, screw ins or any other type of ladder.  At least you can grab onto a rung, the sides, whatever, and relax a lot easier than on those pole types. Also, being such a big center pole needed to hold that stand, your hand and feet have to be at least 2 feet apart during the ascent.  Pretty tricky climb, but the views have got to be awesome. God bless em at 71, and he's got to be one of the original Flying Walendas.

25ft, on a metal telephone pole, has high tension wires, buried using a pole digger, that thing is going nowhere

he shoots an 8-10pt every year out of the stand, and he is 71yrs old

71 years old and climbs in that? god bless him lol

thats pretty neat tho

We have some doozies that we access with screw in steps. On one of them, its a 20 foot high stand and angle of the tree with steps in it had you leaning back for a few feet about half way up. We replaced the screw ins with a 20 foot ladder stick this year, its better now. Other stands are screw in steps and straight up. I was nervous about that stuff a few years ago, but no big deal now.

post-11-0-26125000-1384460415_thumb.jpg

Great views and rifle rests all around.

post-11-0-28796500-1384460560_thumb.jpg

view from old road at 20 yards

post-11-0-13575100-1384460646_thumb.jpg

Cluster of oaks that have been enhanced a bit. It provides a 6' wide wall. This one has been very productive.

post-11-0-90095800-1384460686_thumb.jpg

This is my version of a food plot .... lol. Basically it is simply a remote part of the yard and was established completely with a lawn mower .... lol.

post-11-0-34952900-1384460778_thumb.jpg

Old oak at the edge of what used to be a field That tree is a bit more than 4' in diameter

post-11-0-75796500-1384460869_thumb.jpg

View at 20 yards. No, you probably can't really see it, but then, that is the object....lol. It is exactly dead center in the picture. I've never been caught by any deer in this one. It pretty much can't be done as long as I get the wind right.

I have yet to take a picture of my one and only tree-stand. It is about 10' off the ground, has an aluminum ladder, has railings all around and a 5' X 5' platform ....... And I still have trouble letting go of the tree to shoot. I'm not real fond of heights.