Arrows: Best Bang For The $$

Lawdwaz

I had to pick up 1/2 dozen mid season this year.

I was shooting the Axis at $90 1/2 dozen but I was on a pretty tight budget this time around so I went with the cheapy Easton Aftermaths at $52/6.

I was happy with that decision when my first arrow that found it's mark was snapped in half leaving me with 5 heading into next season already.

cheapest to go all carbon shafts.  not sure if you need them factory fletched or you do your own.  Goldtip Expedition Hunters you can get for $45/ half dozen.  They're a pretty tough arrow and straight enough that I've gotten fixed blades to fly true out of multiple bows shooting them.

also dick's sporting goods sells them rebranded for their stores with 4" vanes, not sure about straighteness and weight tolerances but they are $35/ half dozen.

Easton aftermath is a good comparable arrow too.  Not sure price wise.  I shoot Easton higher end arrows and wouldn't hesitate to shoot those.  Both Easton and Goldtip are good.

arrows are a gimmick today. I find one I like and buy several dozen shafts. arrows are being discontinued and modified yearly almost now. look for lot purchasss on at. I bought several dozen epic st for 40 a dozen. last me 4 hears or so and I burn through arrows.

arrows are a gimmick today. I find one I like and buy several dozen shafts. arrows are being discontinued and modified yearly almost now. look for lot purchasss on at. I bought several dozen epic st for 40 a dozen. last me 4 hears or so and I burn through arrows.

several dozen in 4 years?.... you ain't kidding.  that's a lot of shooting, mishaps, and breaks from critters.

I was shooting the CX Mayhem's in my bow and switched early this summer to Redhead X1 Pro (same arrow as GT Pro hunter only $10 cheaper per 6).  I have been completely happy with them.  Shot 2 deer this year with the same arrow.  It's back in my quiver now,we waiting for its third victim.  I ended up buying 2 dozen in total this summer.  

several dozen in 4 years?.... you ain't kidding.  that's a lot of shooting, mishaps, and breaks from critters.

Last year and this year I've pretty much halted shooting does. I have literally run out of DMPs before gun season burning 2 draw, 2 second chance, 2 consigned, and one antlerless in bow/mz.

I got into shooting rabbits on my few acres this year and went 4/5 on shot opportunities with almost all right around 30 yd shots, but I ate some $ as I often hit rocks that ended up damaging the arrow after the pass through. A few stuck in and got damaged as the rabbit Great practice though.

Good times no doubt.

I shoot a lot of indoor archery and 3-D also.  I actually developed "tennis elbow" from pulling my arrows out of the backstop at the indoor range.  They had just replaced their old target butts and the new ones were killing me.  I tried the scorpion venom on the shafts but found it would get on my hands and I couldn't grip the arrow well to pull it.  I happen to get a great deal on 2 doz. Easton FMJ's and now that is all I would ever consider.  To me the different brands of carbon arrows are all similar, but the ability to easily pull my arrow from the target is priceless.  I won't go back to the uncoated carbons again.

Gold tips for me. Been shooting them for 5 years now. Very tough arrows. Only broke one in all the time shooting them. I've hit a fence post a few times with the same arrow to test the strength and it never broke. Had one go through a wooden fence before after it blew through a worn out target, that one I found in the grass with 2 of the 3 fletchings torn off but arrow was good. They are reasonably priced and have always shot true so I have no reason to change. Arrows is one of the products I actually never even Window shop for, thought of changing never crosses my mind