Anyone have a problem with this post.

First-light

Ok, forget that stupid caption. How about the picture itself? I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a few minutes to clean things up and make the picture just a bit more artistic and presentable. However, I do have to admit to having taken a few careless pictures over the years that weren't exactly posed in the most tasteful situation. My bad! But a major difference is that I do not publicly post those pictures and actually no one other than myself ever gets to see those pictures. As much as I may prize the kill, if the picture does not reflect that pride of accomplishment, it isn't worth showing.

Have a few laughs at camp, maybe make an off color comment like the caption and it dies 5 seconds later. Post on Facebook and the world sees it forever. 

Doesn't do us hunters one bit of good. This thread has stirred up a hornets nest over on the Facebook site. They really don't see it the way we all do.

• Like 1

I have never really understood posting a picture of a doe anywhere on the internet. Unless it was your first deer, that's fine, but besides that big woop you got a doe we all know what they look like. That goes for little bucks too, again big woop its a little buck.

I am curious as to the reaction on the other site. The caption or the size does not bother me. The blood maybe a bit. Last year I commented on a bloody mess in a picture, I thought maybe it was the focus of the picture. Seems like it didn't bother too many people then so I wonder if this bothers people just because this one is this years deer.

Edited by Paula

They didn't like the picture taken from the site. They think the person who took the picture is a rat and anti hunter. Hunting is about guts and blood so get over it. They could give a rats a$$ about who looks at the picture.

Some comments:

Grow up and fill tags, that's what its about.

Go F yourself

Their site and will post whatever they feel like.

Edited by First-light

They didn't like the picture taken from the site. They could give a rats a$$ about who looks at the picture.

Some comments:

Go F yourself

I am quite surprised.

They didn't like the picture taken from the site. They think the person who took the picture is a rat and anti hunter. Hunting is about guts and blood so get over it. They could give a rats a$$ about who looks at the picture.

Some comments:

Go F yourself

Sounds like the typical garbage from teens who've been taught no better.  While filling tags is certainly the end goal, it by no means is what it's all about.

They didn't like the picture taken from the site.

Haha- yep, now that classy photo will be hanging on hunting camp walls all across America..., or not!

This is just the type of childs play and replies that keeps me away from Facebook.

Some days I get enough of that here,lol.

I am curious as to the reaction on the other site. The caption or the size does not bother me. The blood maybe a bit. Last year I commented on a bloody mess in a picture, I thought maybe it was the focus of the picture. Seems like it didn't bother too many people then so I wonder if this bothers people just because this one is this years deer.

Nope, any picture that has blood, holes, tongue, etc bothers me. It shows that the person has zero respect for the animal that they've killed and even less respect for anyone who views the picture.

Ok, forget that stupid caption. How about the picture itself? I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a few minutes to clean things up and make the picture just a bit more artistic and presentable. However, I do have to admit to having taken a few careless pictures over the years that weren't exactly posed in the most tasteful situation. My bad! But a major difference is that I do not publicly post those pictures and actually no one other than myself ever gets to see those pictures. As much as I may prize the kill, if the picture does not reflect that pride of accomplishment, it isn't worth showing.

I couldn't agree more, I had a pic from the weekend I wanted to share with a story but after veiwing it I decided not to. It looked a lot better on my phone than it did on a screen.

These guys connected to the photo should know this will be connected to their names and every perspective employer or anyone else will be able to make the connection for ever. Stupid is as stupid does.

Edited by Doewhacker

A Hunter is never going to be convinced into becoming and ANTI-hunter.

An ANTI-Hunter is never going to become a hunter or support hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. I know both hunters who have quit the sport for one reason or another and actually gone as far as being against it. I know antis who married hunters and became neutral. But yes, in general it the neutral person we worry about. My wife doesn't hunt. She supports me. She might someday, but when she helped me drag my mz doe out she commented to the position of he does neck. "Awwww look at her neck all propped up like that with her tongue hanging out". We as hunters become desensitized I think and "forget"

• Like 1

Personally, and this is my opinion and should be taken as such, I think that this photo, regardless of the caption, isn't fit for public display. I don't think any seasoned hunter should be proud of shooting a skipper, unless they or someone they know are starving. We owe it to our game to let it acheive at least 1.5 yr. What is the point in harvesting such a small deer? Twenty pounds of meat surely can't be it, so maybe bloodlust? The blood could be horrifying to the person/landowner on the fence (indefferent) about hunting. Senseless.

TJ- I went ahead and asked my wife her opinion on it. She said "why on earth would anyone shoot a baby?"And she thought the blood was unecessary. I know some other people that wold probably flip right out.

That being said I must confess I actually posted some pics of my first bow buck kill this year on this forum. The only pictures that came out that night were fairly bloody, but not nearly as bad as this. I was on the fence about posting them but I still did, along with an apology for the blood. Next time I will make the effort to clean it up prior to any pics being taken. ADKHunter.com has a rule about tongues hanging out and excessive blood, I thought that was a very classy move on their part.

Ok, forget that stupid caption. How about the picture itself? I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a few minutes to clean things up and make the picture just a bit more artistic and presentable. However, I do have to admit to having taken a few careless pictures over the years that weren't exactly posed in the most tasteful situation. My bad! But a major difference is that I do not publicly post those pictures and actually no one other than myself ever gets to see those pictures. As much as I may prize the kill, if the picture does not reflect that pride of accomplishment, it isn't worth showing.

Taking a careless photo for a few friends and family can be forgiven, I think when someone goes to the trouble of uploading and posting it that they've gone too far.

I have never really understood posting a picture of a doe anywhere on the internet. Unless it was your first deer, that's fine, but besides that big woop you got a doe we all know what they look like. That goes for little bucks too, again big woop its a little buck.

I agree but I posted mine because I look sexy in snow camo and it was the first deer behind my house.... But mostly the snow camo

Some comments:

Go F yourself

Interesting. I think hunting is many different things to many people so the "fill tags" comment bothers me. Ignorant. What's the site?

I found that jay laying face down in the snow frozen solid.

It was just as dead as the deer in the original post and it looked it.

Apparently the fool took just as much time as I did to make his pic appropriately offensive and appauling as I did to showcase the beauty that even a dead animal holds.

I understand not everyone is as anal about photos as myself, but to deliberately try to make your field photos look like shit is something I'll never understand.

I thought the right leg looked funny. Birds don't usually perch like that, but the feathers almost covered it up. Nice job posing it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://Facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 2

So why has this thread turned into condemnation of someone shooting a fawn? I have no bone to pick with anyone shooting one. I've done it myself and won't be apologizing to anyone for it. Like some of you have so much more ethics for letting them walk this year, so you have bigger back straps to put in your freezer when you gun them down next year? Yeah sure.

• Like 4

that's just as offensive to most hunter's as the picture that was posted.....good job.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 4

If you were a non hunter and lived on  the East end of Long Island would you want the guy who posted that on the internet to hunt in your backyard, or would you opt for a "professional" for the upcoming cull. 

You may say that  the picture with the comment  does not represent all hunters, which is true, but don't hunters paint all tree hugging liberals with the same brush. If you think not, then read posts on this site. Both sides stereotype.

• Like 1