Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

I applaud the man for speaking his mind. Its not going to be long before your sued or arrested for comments like that because its considered hate speech. I don't watch the show but Ive got a lot of respect for that family. It seems as though they are about the only ones who will stick to there guns and speak there mind. Ive got to imagine the politically correct police have put a big target on there backs.

I also find it amusing that they get to "define" what all Christians believe.

So where is the line drawn for hate speech and hate crimes. Just a while ago there were white older guys locally who were killed viciously in a "game" played by some kids. They would call it "polar bear hunting" or "knockout" find random white person and knock them out. These in my mind are murder charges with premeditation and a focus on being a hate crime. Yet the charges ended up being a manslaughter(I think). What would happen if it were the other way around... I can bet you everything I own it would have gotten lots more attention and severe charges.

So how do we enforce these such hate crimes/speech actions if there is a double standard. Once again perspective differences will be paramount.

• Like 2

I just love reading some of these comments like " Sits in Tree's " calling them dumb hicks. You really don't know what you are talking about. Phil was a huge college football QB at Louisiana Tech University, and he started ahead of Terry Bradshaw and turned a NFL contract down with the Washington Redskins in his Junior Year as he enjoyed duck hunting more and football interfered with duck seasons. Phil also has a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education and a Master's in Education. If this is a Hick sign me up. That Hick as you called him earned every dollar he every made. If you can make a living by doing what you love, that is the best life you could have. 

• Like 4

The bible tells me what to think , priceless !

My thought on this is ...... their is a heaven and hell. I am not a bible thumper by any means, but the ten comandments are a good guide line on life. I think for myself. 

Well if the Bible says it, it must be true. Lets not use any common sense and think for ourselves and know the difference between right and wrong.

So what is right and what is wrong??? Ever hear the saying its ADAM and EVE, NOT ADAM and STEVE. My common sense tells me a man and a women were made to produce children and carry on life and evolution. My common sense also tells me that if the males 200 years ago decided to play butt darts and the females all decided to munch then none of us would be here today. ITS NOT NATURAL. I will put it in deer hunting terms. the bucks start hanging in large groups all year. Ok, ... still with me?.... does do not get bread....do I need to go any further? 

• Like 1

So where is the line drawn for hate speech and hate crimes. Just a while ago there were white older guys locally who were killed viciously in a "game" played by some kids. They would call it "polar bear hunting" or "knockout" find random white person and knock them out. These in my mind are murder charges with premeditation and a focus on being a hate crime. Yet the charges ended up being a manslaughter(I think). What would happen if it were the other way around... I can bet you everything I own it would have gotten lots more attention and severe charges. So how do we enforce these such hate crimes/speech actions if there is a double standard. Once again perspective differences will be paramount.

I heard about this. They kicked him so hard his eye came out of socket. Switch the colors around and you would have a march in syracuse protesting the white man with rev al and jesse. 

Wow you really missed my point and you are agreeing with what I said. You arnt using the bible to tell you its not natural for a man and a man to be together. You are using science and common sense, good for you.

The way I read your post I took it as you thought the other way. Sorry. Reading what someone types can sometimes be taken another way than it was intended

• Like 1

The way I read your post I took it as you thought the other way. Sorry. Reading what someone types can sometimes be taken another way than it was intended

Yes. The one thing I dislike about the internet you cannot interpret what people type the way you can face to face.

• Like 2

I watch it... Better than the other so called "reality TV", as for Phil, if anyone thought he didn't think that way, hit yourself in the head with a hammer... A & E screwed up... This show makes them a ton of money... and this will hurt them in the long run... The D D boys couldn't give a rats azz, they've made a ton of money and NEVER changed their values for it..

• Like 4

That show with those dumb hicks really shows how stupid America has become. I gotta go Honey Boo Boo is on!

if you're dumb enough to not understand that it's an act then pot meet kettle. They built a multi-million dollar empire off of hunting deer and duck. Proud of them myself. Then they expaned with a highly rated tv show that is scripted because it's funny and suburban white america eats it up, just like they do swamp people.

why hate on that? they promote family values, end every show with a family dinner where Phil says grace. Is it not better than 90% of the other reality filth out there? Maybe some people will learn from it.

A&E can go to HELL, along with anyone who thinks Robertson doesn't have the right to freely speak about his opinions!

Dude, I don't think for a moment A&E thinks he does not have the right to speak about his opinions.

They simply don't want to be associated with it, and let him go. When you enter the entertainment industry-- and make no doubt, that is what this is-- you sometimes have to sign agreements that for the duration of your employment, you cannot make certain PUBLISHED remarks (remember, he didn't just say this to someone, he was published saying this, which is a whole different ballpark). Such remarks include racism and bigotry (he was quoted making some very racist remarks, too, also published).

They aren't sending the police after him for heaven's sakes.

They are just saying they don't want him on the show any more. Good grief.

I think if you look at the situation rationally, it may be a bit frustrating depending on where you stand on some issues, but it is hardly worth the rage-festivals I am seeing all over the internet the past few days.

I've watched the show about 5 times.  My hunting buddies have also seen it a few times.  The funny thing is the avid watchers that I know are not Sportsman.  I'm amazed at some of the people in my office that watch it.  I think the show is good, and I admire the family for their strong family and their success.  I admire Phil for speaking his mind and not trying to be politically correct.  I'm offended by people that get offended.(LOL)

A big thumbs up to Phil for telling Baba Walters that he's too busy hunting to do her show.  I liked the guy, now I love the guy.

• Like 1