You want a chuckle?

Culvercreek hunt club

Read the commenters on this petition to stop the Holley Squirrel slam...yes again this year. From the reports I got their efforts to stop it last year made it the biggest it had ever been...lol

http://animalpetitions.org/3301/condemn-squirrel-killing-contest/?fb_comment_id=fbc_411031825697658_2066702_415283081939199#f512fff6205606

Yeah, I was in the slam the year before last...The Holly FD puts on a really nice event.  Last year I had to work and this year by the time I got around to signing up they were already at maximium capacity.  These nut jobs have been GREAT advertising for the event - LOL!

It is great advertisement for the town but the protesters are taking money away from the town, they now have to pay for extra security. 

Last year i was banned from a few sites because i did not agree with them. I was polite, i did not bash anyone or criticize anyone for the beliefs they had. They did all this too me and even sent me private messages.

They were cruel to me and i might be scared lol

Funny how they sneak in how the event "glorifies guns". Its kind of like saying "deep sea fishing glorifies the use of hooks". Then the dumb a$$es go on to preach about how kids should/shouldn't be taught. ….Oh the enlightened ones….

• Like 1

Who is benefiting the most from all the advertising?  Think some more about that one...  

Yes, anti hunters have a one - track mind, but it takes a one - track mind to fight them. These people get what they want because they make it happen...  However, you do not promote hunting by trying to convince confirmed anti hunters, you promote it to policy makers and people with neutral opinions about hunting. Hunt contests are not a good way to befriend neutral persons and policy makers... It will, however, enable anti hunters to befriend those on the fence about hunting as well as those charged with policy decisions...

In my opinion, this is not one of the battles everyone should enlist into. This is between the sportsman in Holley and the antis, not the entire sporting community. The Holley crowd is engaging in a controversial practice and using the sport of hunting and a public resource (squirrels) to raise money. If you are going to engage in those sort of controversial ventures it is your responsibility to defend them, not the entire sporting community, which as a whole does not benefit from it and in reality is compromised by it .

There may be some good things which come from this hunt, but I doubt they overshadow the big picture or that there are not other, better ways, to achieve the same benefits. Sorry to those that believe in hunting contests, but I am not one of you.

I remind hunters that there are other issues facing us right now that warrant more attention than this does. Time-sensitive issues at that... Long term Issues that negatively or positively effect many more people than this fundraiser does...

And next year, when the Holley Fire Chief invites the controversy again with another hunt, there will also be better things to worry about then as well, as there was in 2013 and this year...  And so on and so forth...

Edited by mike rossi

I don't think Rossi's ever had a post less than 4 paragraphs Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You cant even articulate why crossbows should not be allowed during the archery season. Try and reconcile a squirrel hunting contest... Lets hear it...

Or is all you can do is criticize people? Lol...

And since you were smart enough to pick a fight, I will give you some more food for thought...

How many total words have you typed in your short posts about crossbows? How many months have you been at it? Have you arrived at a conclusion yet? So worry about your cumulative short posts, not my four paragraph posts...

I know people who have repeated the same things over and over, for decades, without ever solving anything or ever making any sense. This is quite common in the world of hunting. The internet should be a means of breaking that cycle, not fueling  it.

I wonder why they don't protest things like an ice fishing derby then? I believe it is because the fish aren't sitting and eating at their bird feeders. I can understand if a person was a vegan and they were against these events. I don't agree but can understand. I wish I could have attended. I would have loved to see how many protesters has leather gloves and boots on

• Like 1

I wonder why they don't protest things like an ice fishing derby then? I believe it is because the fish aren't sitting and eating at their bird feeders. I can understand if a person was a vegan and they were against these events. I don't agree but can understand. I wish I could have attended. I would have loved to see how many protesters has leather gloves and boots on

Because those are my reasons not the anti hunters reasons...  They are NOT environmentalists, they are animal rights activists. You are assuming those are the same. Not true. I fried up and ate a squirrel for breakfast, just now, but I don't like hunting contests, and I gave you my reasons - not theirs.... I also pulled my weight and then some fighting anti hunters over the years and right now.  

I got things to do, might even have to build a website because of the mute swan issues evolving so fast. No time to go in circles arguing simple concepts. Or listening to personal attacks. Not suppose to be a debate forum, but you cant express any opinion or even a fact, lol, unless it is consistent with what the majoritans think.

As long as an opinion does not misrepresented facts or misalign perspective or endorse law breaking let sleeping dogs lay...

Edited by mike rossi

Because those are my reasons not the anti hunters reasons... They are NOT environmentalists, they are animal rights activists. You are assuming those are the same. Not true. I fried up and ate a squirrel for breakfast, just now, but I don't like hunting contests, and I gave you my reasons - not theirs.... I also pulled my weight and then some fighting anti hunters over the years and right now.

I got things to do, might even have to build a website because of the mute swan issues evolving so fast. No time to go in circles arguing simple concepts. Or listening to personal attacks. Not suppose to be a debate forum, but you cant express any opinion or even a fact, lol, unless it is consistent with what the majoritans think.

As long as an opinion does not misrepresented facts or misalign perspective or endorse law breaking let sleeping dogs lay...

Mike. Get a freaking grip. I wasn't referencing YOU at all in my comment. I was questioning the actual protestors at the event.