Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Good luck. Will be leaving the office shortly. Later start than I want but should be in the stand by 5:10.

I never use my cells on instant transmission. Rarely does it work that way. Cells are better to give you info that you can make informed decisions on, rather than get frustrated by. I batch send 2x per day, and they do help decisions on where to hunt.

Well things went from bad to really cool. Just had two small bucks come in and spar. Some does showed up to watch . Then a big boy came in and pushed them all out. Of course it all happened in the brush and I never drew my bow

d7c50281125a2d83f406124f10821e86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Up to five deer now. Big guy is a shooter. Only second time I’ve ever seen him. Unfortunately he is north of me and unlikely to head this way. Might be worth a move tomorrow. It’s in the spot I though he might be but I though further into corn. He was right on the edge. I overlooked the fact there is a row taken out on north side too and the hedgerow there give perfect protection for nobody bothering him. 

• Like 2

So mad right now, just had two clowns walk under my stand with crossbows. It’s public land and can’t access unless you live here. It was 100% the same guy that stole my cell cam last year. I pointed out it’s not crossbow season yet and he told me he didn’t care. I then said I want my fffing camera back and that I have pictures of him stealing it. That’s when they turned around and left. I know what house they park at and I called my sister in law. She watched them walk out of the woods and into a car. She snapped some pics of the plate. My hunting partner lives down the street and is a LEO in the town.

These two clowns will not be very happy when he gets back to work on Monday

Typical crossbow hunter

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, phade said:

Up to five deer now. Big guy is a shooter. Only second time I’ve ever seen him. Unfortunately he is north of me and unlikely to head this way. Might be worth a move tomorrow. It’s in the spot I though he might be but I though further into corn. He was right on the edge. I overlooked the fact there is a row taken out on north side too and the hedgerow there give perfect protection for nobody bothering him. 

tickle them rattling anters/bag a shot?

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

Jesus the big buck is back at one of my stands and here I am at football practice lol

There is a correlation to bucks showing up on cam in an area and being seen in that area within the next 12-24 hours. I’m growing more and more confident about it in the middle of rut but there is likely relevance on either side of it too. Shouldn’t be a shock.

I haven’t seen people talk about this much but I think it’s a thing.

• Like 1

c0cf4dc5377e849c968da70b37316c32.jpg
Shot, waited 30 min looked at arrow. Found 2 spots of blood 15 yards from the arrow and backed out.

Will be out with the sun in the morning. Arrow didn’t smell like guts per say but did smell sweet

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

Shot, waited 30 min looked at arrow. Found 2 spots of blood 15 yards from the arrow and backed out.

Will be out with the sun in the morning. Arrow didn’t smell like guts per say but did smell sweet

Horns, No Horns?

• Like 2

There is a correlation to bucks showing up on cam in an area and being seen in that area within the next 12-24 hours. I’m growing more and more confident about it in the middle of rut but there is likely relevance on either side of it too. Shouldn’t be a shock.
I haven’t seen people talk about this much but I think it’s a thing.

This is definitely the case for me and my Dad. Not a ton of bucks around, but when we get one on cam we can usually get a look in person in the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro