Bear rug back

NYBowhunter

Picked up the rug today, came out good. Also looked up the 2013 bear take from the DEC stats. and she was the only bear taken in the town I hunt and was 1 of only 8 taken for all of Otsego county. Find myself very fortunate to harvest this huge sow , she went 260lbs. Now just waiting patiently for DEC to send me her age. Here's a picture of her laid out on grass then up on wall. post-14-0-71152800-1399167420_thumb.jpgpost-14-0-82329700-1399167497_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great. How is it hanging? just the sewn in loops?

Putting my Father's up this year and we are mounting it on plywood so it is displayed taught and flat. We are actually putting it up at camp on the ceiling.[/quote

Thanks, yes hung by the loops had to stretch real tight to look decent, if not pulled real tight certain points seem to sag.

Now on the ceiling that's interesting, be sure to post pictures..would love to see that.

Edited by NYBowhunter

• 2 weeks later...

nice I feel like that is what I'd do if I shot a bear. haven't hunted for them or seen any yet.

Thanks..I think for the most part ny hunters don't go out with the intent to hunt bear, like myself alot of us get lucky as a bear ambles by as we are deer hunting.

• Like 1