anyone start cameras yet? or any prepping

fisher2

any pictures? what have you guys done so far, so far i've taken inventory of my cameras realized i had forgotten one in the woods, went and got that ( guess its safe to say its a safe place) and checked my stands, sighted in my bow decided i needed an upgrade and bought a new bow,  now im plotting where im going to start placing cameras on tuesday, tomorrow i sight in rifle and sharpen the rest of my kit.

I've worked 3 cameras all winter and was rewarded with some good pictures. This week I switched out cards, added new batteries and relocated 2. I've also been finishing up a few new tree stands set ups this month, and will continue working the cameras all summer. You never know what's gonna walk by out there.

Yeah, I have one camera out now, but not a lot of action just yet. I am expecting some fawn pictures any day now. Any of the deer pictures that I have gotten are some rather unpleasant moth-eaten looking deer that are half-way through the coat change. Pretty nasty looking.

I have to be honest. The number of annual time-consuming spring projects and other activities have really screwed up any bow and gun activities for the time being. But it will all get done eventually.

thanks for the reminder, I forgot I have a camera out still. I think I will go out change the card and check the batteries. 

You may have some surprises on there if it ha been out for a long time. You never know ...... mountain lions? Sasquatch? ..... Who can say.....lol.

I have 3 up now at my sisters property. Hopefully they stay there and the scumbags that stole 4 of them aren't out showing what losers they are by stealing other peoples cameras. I still get P.O. when I see the tree stump left from the tree they cut down to steal 1 of my cams.

post-2675-0-28630400-1401053256_thumb.jp

Most of what I'm seeing on my camera is not deer. Foxes, coon, rabbits and squirrels That's funny because last year I had several sets of fawns already starting to show up daily. I guess every year is different. Also, the fawning area of last year has been getting flooded a lot this year and still hasn't really dried out. The action may be happening on higher and dryer ground.

Doc,Around my house there have been no deer as in other years at this time or season.They are staying in the wooded areas for some reason.

The fox,wood chucks and the rodents are in abundance.

Talking to a fellow on the other side of the hill that has some good size food plots and he claims there are plenty by him every morning and evening.

I have one of my cameras that I have to pull sometime soon . It's a Primos Truth Cam Ultra and no matter what the date reverts back to 2012 and it will not show the correct date . I called Primos and they no longer carry the camera but might give me a deal if the Serial Number falls into their warranty time frame . I think I am SOL for any warranty help .

Anyway , the deer have gotten so use to one of the cameras that it looks like they pose for it . The cameras are over 50 mmiles from where I live so I don't check them often .

I enjoy getting pictures of the deer , fox , etc whether or not they are there when I am hunting .

Most of what I'm seeing on my camera is not deer. Foxes, coon, rabbits and squirrels That's funny because last year I had several sets of fawns already starting to show up daily. I guess every year is different. Also, the fawning area of last year has been getting flooded a lot this year and still hasn't really dried out. The action may be happening on higher and dryer ground.

Seeing fawns up this way, while out flapping the wings for turkey. Some have a pretty good head start already. Just haven't had the light conditions for filming, as of yet. Daylight movement of doe are at a high level also.

My cams are in the closet. Not footing the bill for others to steal and enjoy. They will return a field, when this world become more sane again! Gone back to more personal viewing.

• 2 weeks later...

i have some cameras out year round, others go up for scouting purposes in july august. apples and nuts look to be way down this year from last and plots should be prime in fall.. only nut tree left to flower are my chestnuts (july) black cherries look good for early fall turkey, stand prep is underway (replacing cables, straps, bolts and painting.) will start hanging them in july take me about 3 months to get them all up. some logging is underway and should be completed by august. there is always some kind of prep going on year round, tsi, clearing plot loctions, fixing equipment, scouting/shed hunting, and getting tally from neighbors on last years take and this years fawn crop/ turkey nesting sucess.