What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I use the back leg roasts...we have a big cast iron roll through cuber/jerky cutter. Though I've never tried the jerky cutting rollers ...I cut my jerky by hand...The guys will love this...I use the loins for jerky. Now that is if I have gotten a few bigger deer...this year just one loin went for jerky and one batch was made. Remember Mr B. is on a limited red meat diet...I don't need a ton of chops.

I have always loved cubed steaks...They just taste different...This deer was so darn tender I had to be careful running the meat through...and OMG was it GOOD!...I cooked them rare and they had such great flavor...I can honestly say beef cubed steaks couldn't hold a candle to this...

Cabela's Pro Series Manual Meat Cuber at Cabela's

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 8:33 PM, vizslas said:

I will tell you what's for supper tomorrow venison summer sausage. That's the whole 30 pounds well looks like we ended up with 28.5 lbs. Either way whoo whoood83c7ffe87989fbfcc1a4941cb110a02.jpg

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Well things didnt go according to plan.Apparently the regulator on my smoker took a dump. after going to Gander Mountain, Cabellas Home Depot and finally Wall Mart. looking for a new  larger smoker.Nothing every one was sold out of anything  that i wanted. Let me say this, I did not see this one coming. In the end I relented  and put them in the oven , alas no smoked summer sausage this year. Its good but without the smoke i feel like I have failed. Not taking this very well. There is no way out of my smokeless hell. From the guy who refuses to have a gas grill. Only lump coal for me. Devastation helplessness i feel paralyzed. I think its time to go have a rest somewhere  where they  talk softly to you., but first I think I will go have some sausage, and pickled peppers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vizslas said:

Well things didnt go according to plan.Apparently the regulator on my smoker took a dump. after going to Gander Mountain, Cabellas Home Depot and finally Wall Mart. looking for a new  larger smoker.Nothing every one was sold out of anything  that i wanted. Let me say this, I did not see this one coming. In the end I relented  and put them in the oven , alas no smoked summer sausage this year. Its good but without the smoke i feel like I have failed. Not taking this very well. There is no way out of my smokeless hell. From the guy who refuses to have a gas grill. Only lump coal for me. Devastation helplessness i feel paralyzed. I think its time to go have a rest somewhere  where they  talk softly to you., but first I think I will go have some sausage, and pickled peppers.

Just eat a peice and do a shot of liquid smoke as a chaser.

• Like 3

Herb infused olive oil and bread....tossed salad...pasta(kindle won't allow me input type). I boiled in tomatoe juice and fresh herbs, tossed with diced tomatoes sauteed portabella,fresh herbs roasted red pepper,grated Italian cheeses and herbed olive oil.

Dessert was dark chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream

12 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Tonight me and the family are eating Bison burgers at Teds Montana Grill in NYC and then afterwards were going to see the Rockettes at Radio  city  music hall.

20161229_152019.jpg

Worked 25 years in that building and ate at Ted's many times. Those burgers are great enjoy!

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Birthday dinner last night. Venison chops ,pan seared in little butter in skillet , skillet into oven with a dash of dry rub. Steak fries with white cheddar popcorn seasoning sprinkled on. Meat was cooked to a perfect medium rare. 6c0b886bc89de39453fbca65855a82cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome.

Well, to my surprise my Brother bought  me a smoker for Xmas. Having a couple deer, I decided to put it together the day after and give it a whirl.  My first time ever smoking, I decided on a backstrap wrapped with apple wood bacon, stuffed with goat cheese and then smoked with apple wood.  I was very pleased.  I ate one, my wife ate the other.  This was a last week.

Enjoying it so much, as well as knowing my in-laws are coming over tonight, 20161226_175208.jpgNew Years Eve) I wanted to try it again.  My Father-in-law loves smoking meat. My wife reminded me a few days ago that we had 15 lbs. turkey in the garage freezer.  You can guess what I smoked.  After making an Apple cider brine, I smoked the turkey with Apple and Pecan wood at 275 for 3.5 hours.  My digital temp hit the 165 mark.  I just tented it and will let it rest for an hour before we delve in.  My fingers are crossed!

20161231_144948.jpg

• Like 4

Well, to my surprise my Brother bought  me a smoker for Xmas. Having a couple deer, I decided to put it together the day after and give it a whirl.  My first time ever smoking, I decided on a backstrap wrapped with apple wood bacon, stuffed with goat cheese and then smoked with apple wood.  I was very pleased.  I ate one, my wife ate the other.  This was a last week.
 Enjoying it so much, as well as knowing my in-laws are coming over tonight, 20161226_175208.jpgNew Years Eve) I wanted to try it again.  My Father-in-law loves smoking meat. My wife reminded me a few days ago that we had 15 lbs. turkey in the garage freezer.  You can guess what I smoked.  After making an Apple cider brine, I smoked the turkey with Apple and Pecan wood at 275 for 3.5 hours.  My digital temp hit the 165 mark.  I just tented it and will let it rest for an hour before we delve in.  My fingers are crossed!
20161231_144948.jpg

You are off to a great start! How was the turkey??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylormike said:

Thanks a lot!  You are right, tons to know, tons to learn!

Little tip. Slather poultry with mayo before smoking. It's all fat and allows rub to adhere better. All for juiciness factor. Girls got me a cookbook for Christmas. Smoked desserts , bloody Mary's , manhattens , deviled eggs etc. Ought to be fun 

• Like 3