What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Prepping some venison juicy Lucy burgers for the sous vide treatment tomorrow. These outta be pretty good   The smoker has gotten the back seat to sous vide lately   For those who like to cook. Look into the Anova 800 watt for about $120. Really fun and easy to use. Venison steaks come out amazing   Moog , you get one yet ? Chef , anything to add ? Jerk , you have one I think.  Chime in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Prepping some venison juicy Lucy burgers for the sous vide treatment tomorrow. These outta be pretty good   The smoker has gotten the back seat to sous vide lately   For those who like to cook. Look into the Anova 800 watt for about $120. Really fun and easy to use. Venison steaks come out amazing   Moog , you get one yet ? Chef , anything to add ? Jerk , you have one I think.  Chime in. 

After seeing a few of your posts on your sous vide, I bought a Gourmia last week. I made a thick steak so far, that I cooked a bit too long but still was good. What's a can't miss suggestion for what to try next?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

i was looking at these last night.  I have points on my credit card for gift cards and have a $100 one coming. So was looking at them.  There is one online at walmart for $92.  It the whole setup for a water bath and not just the thermometer/attachment for a cooking pot.  Might give it a try - have heard so much about them on here.  Would like to try a london broil in them and see how it comes out.  And venison of course. 

• Like 1

As far as a “ cooking pot “ this all you need for larger things to cook. My boss just gave us a vacuum sealer but up until then only put in large ziplock bags, squeezed out the air and used chip clips to the side. Still chip clip with vacuum sealer.
Steuben , that looks like a great one. As far as can’t miss. Hmmm, everything seems pretty easy but ribs have been outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C301EE7F-C802-4626-9A35-CB5C511B4F31.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers

Decided to run down To the Poconos for an overnight with the family-hit the outlets, awesome Wally-world(scored a $7 mid weight camo jacket for my boy-yes its a woman’s and has a hot pink liner but it was $7!), Callie’s pretzels for lunch and penny candy for lunch dessert.

ff05e3b1d4142f71963cd101cc6f9502.jpg&key=cf1fcbeb55d2577f2702a66b84d557d6c1ebee84cac7b288d0fbc634bd33f903

24633f7df181cef9803e3b4783e0c47a.jpg&key=b3f30933ac71fe1b5e0ab0882f283ede8c94f723523e24f6cc7833cab303c8ee.

Poconos Brewing Company for dinner later...check the beer thread later

• Like 6

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I like it. Is it big enough to put a decent sized top round in ? Looks easy to use too. I feel guilty not using my smoker much anymore. Feel like I’m cheating on it with the sous vide 

Yeah it has a rack in it with 3 dividers too.   Looks like you could put like 3 London broils in it.  

• Like 1

Juicy Lucy venison burgers made with sous vide Burger mixed with salt , pepper , garlic powder , worchestshire, espresso powder. Filled with havarti cheese. Topped with a slice of cheddar and bacon Seared on medium heat after sous vide for minute each side. 07a83e136daa4eb4404681bed06f64ae.jpge5d3f38935b4126741ec8f970cfcb96e.jpg

• Like 10

Juicy Lucy venison burgers made with sous vide Burger mixed with salt , pepper , garlic powder , worchestshire, espresso powder. Filled with havarti cheese. Topped with a slice of cheddar and bacon Seared on medium heat after sous vide for minute each side. 07a83e136daa4eb4404681bed06f64ae.jpg&key=5ba5472bbd2a5e6c025f28cf2f4abe6d572c056fbb8477b73db1135185e1f035e5d3f38935b4126741ec8f970cfcb96e.jpg&key=17d53053e50a429159957647fa1ca4513606ebdfc98a21d22b0b0fee2659692a

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Juicy Lucy venison burgers made with sous vide Burger mixed with salt , pepper , garlic powder , worchestshire, espresso powder. Filled with havarti cheese. Topped with a slice of cheddar and bacon Seared on medium heat after sous vide for minute each side.

What temp and for how long did you do in the sous vide?

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

140 for an hour   Also saw a recipe at 132 for 2 hours 

Do you add any beef or pork fat to your venison burgers? I do one or the other, or both, depending on intended use. The reason I ask is if pork fat is in it, I'd be a little nervous not going to 155. (Might not apply to you, but if someone reading were to try to replicate recipe, and used pork fat in the mix, . . . .) 

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Juicy Lucy venison burgers made with sous vide Burger mixed with salt , pepper , garlic powder , worchestshire, espresso powder. Filled with havarti cheese. Topped with a slice of cheddar and bacon Seared on medium heat after sous vide for minute each side. 07a83e136daa4eb4404681bed06f64ae.jpge5d3f38935b4126741ec8f970cfcb96e.jpg

That looks awesome! :good:

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

Do you add any beef or pork fat to your venison burgers? I do one or the other, or both, depending on intended use. The reason I ask is if pork fat is in it, I'd be a little nervous not going to 155. (Might not apply to you, but if someone reading were to try to replicate recipe, and used pork fat in the mix, . . . .) 

Good thinking.  Nothing added to the ground in this case though