What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Beef shank with the best wine sauce  you've ever had with pablano pepper, shallot, celery, and secret herbs. Served with mashed potatoes. 
20180722_200944.thumb.jpg.16fdd4e775a2aeae3a9be2f2d9350a19.jpg

Looks great- not what I think about for a summer meal but now I’m jealous. I too made a similar dish with venison shanks this year- liked it more than I expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a smoked ham steak with roasted garlic and Italian seasoned taters and some sweet corn. No plate pic. Trying desperately to empty the freezer prior to this fall but it's full of pig, deer, and turkey. Still working through vac packed garden veggies from last summer too. Garden starting to produce now too. Horrible problem to have I know. I buried a rubbermaid tote with some of the thick cut smoked bacon at the bottom as a constellation prize. lol
6137fa83c79f31b731f22d4f1623418b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

8 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Homemade zucchini parmesan. And croghan bolonga. It was great.

IMG_20180722_213932.jpg

IMG_20180722_213911.jpg

used to stop and get that when trout fishing as a kid with my Dad.  Damn good stuff.  Lunch of croghan bologna cheese and crackers and mustard on a trout stream.  We fished the oswegotchie and the moose rivers for trout , used to be some nice ones in there .  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

Chicken Marsala (gluten-free...Mrs Crappy new thing) over rice and broccoli. Can’t taste the difference but the gravy was thin

205d56320c8782689915f6cf5150e8e6.jpg&key=92e68dcb56618d02eaf92ae1e844cbd5d061ae434ab84ae9bb224ea412fa981a

Corn starch will fix that

• Like 3

In DC for work.

Spicy watermelon topped with crab.

6d3ee69b077fea8ce8c115ee24f43f30.jpg&key=6eeaacbc540c9414101203557aa6bc83761b4200bf6ecd3d3fe9d970f007a6cd

Duck 🦆

248d7aae54c39867bc5ea81522be6de2.jpg&key=d61a1136b9345e67d0f3252192ed0cd681f23104f8e1aafce9d246e8e59314fe

While the duck looks good (is that bone marrow in the middle?) the scallops look damn good too-I hate having plate envy.
That’s a thick layer of crab there-what made it SPICY watermelon?

While the duck looks good (is that bone marrow in the middle?) the scallops look damn good too-I hate having plate envy.

Just veggies with Duck. The watermelon and crab meat had jalapeño in it somehow is what the menu said

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

The corona in pic was the buzz kill for me. There’s Deschutes Fresh Squeezed to drink in DC   But I’m still joining robhuntnfish for dinner   Who else wants to crash Biz’s dinner ? 

• Like 1

The corona in pic was the buzz kill for me. There’s Deschutes Fresh Squeezed to drink in DC   But I’m still joining robhuntnfish for dinner   Who else wants to crash Biz’s dinner ? 

Beer choices sucked at dinner. Corona, Guinness, Stella, or Cider

• Sad 1

I hate when people post pics of food on f/b but im so proud of this. I made a neck of venison pot roast in the slow cooker. I got the recipe off this site hunter,angler,gardener ,cook the guys amazing hes got stuff on there you can make salami. olives, almost anything   See this is the first time I tried this recipe [although I made pot roast w/ beef before] and it wasn't in a slow cooker  but I didn't have the time to put it in the oven and I added some stuff [I always play with recipes alittle] like for instance I had some essence of Emeril from when I made venison stew that I got from him, laying around so I had to coat the roast I flour, paprika and cayenne so I cut the cayenne and added the essence [this stuff is wicked but perfect for long slow cooking it mellows out].

image1.jpeg

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

I hate when people post pics of food on f/b but im so proud of this. I made a neck of venison pot roast in the slow cooker. I got the recipe off this site hunter,angler,gardener ,cook the guys amazing hes got stuff on there you can make salami. olives, almost anything   See this is the first time I tried this recipe [although I made pot roast w/ beef before] and it wasn't in a slow cooker  but I didn't have the time to put it in the oven and I added some stuff [I always play with recipes alittle] like for instance I had some essence of Emeril from when I made venison stew that I got from him, laying around so I had to coat the roast I flour, paprika and cayenne so I cut the cayenne and added the essence [this stuff is wicked but perfect for long slow cooking it mellows out].

image1.jpeg

Looks so good! I love the neck roast. 

1 hour ago, tommyc50 said:

image1.jpeg

I make a Loretta out of all my neck roasts but that looks great.

Edited by REDNECK4LIFE32
Misspelled