What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That's just so right.  

We used to bring back smoked sausage from the Amish in PA, it was so great .  Used to buy 50 lbs of it. 

Looks like he has that perfected.  

Funny thing is, this is my grandpa's favorite meal too, and he was raised on the family farm in Sinking Spring,  PA about 30 miles from Lancaster.  This sausage was bought fresh in Shady Maple supermarket out there, and he smoked it heavily for i think 12 or 14 hours.

It's in his blood his hobby for smoking meats, and making homemade sausage, snack sticks, bacon, curing, etc.

Thanks for perfected comment towards my dad by the way!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Funny thing is, this is my grandpa's favorite meal too, and he was raised on the family farm in Sinking Spring,  PA about 30 miles from Lancaster.  This sausage was bought fresh in Shady Maple supermarket out there, and he smoked it heavily for i think 12 or 14 hours.

It's in his blood his hobby for smoking meats, and making homemade sausage, snack sticks, bacon, curing, etc.

Thanks for perfected comment towards my dad by the way!

My brother's father-in-law is from Italy, 80-something years old. He still hangs various homemade meats and cheeses in his attic stairwell. I don't think he does the smoker thing, but when he brings out a special treat for a visitor it's always good.

• Like 1

All I gotta say is I went here today and there is nothing left for pictures. He was low on inventory, we got smoked NY cheddar, smoked salmon, smoked shrimp, beef jerky, bread and butter pickles, beets and horseradish, and https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g47856-d549401-Reviews-Delaware_Delicacies_Smoke_House-Hancock_Catskill_Region_New_York.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

All I gotta say is I went here today and there is nothing left for pictures. He was low on inventory, we got smoked NY cheddar, smoked salmon, smoked shrimp, beef jerky, bread and butter pickles, beets and horseradish, and https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g47856-d549401-Reviews-Delaware_Delicacies_Smoke_House-Hancock_Catskill_Region_New_York.html

And what did you have for dinner?

All of the above, at the shrimp cold, made a smoked salmon sandwich with cream cheese in ciabatta with fresh tomato, made a roasted turkey sandwich with smoked cheddar and beats and horse radish with B and B pickles

• Like 1

All of the above, at the shrimp cold, made a smoked salmon sandwich with cream cheese in ciabatta with fresh tomato, made a roasted turkey sandwich with smoked cheddar and beats and horse radish with B and B pickles