When do tags go on sale?

RangerClay

Has anyone heard when licenses will go on sale?  I spoke with an outdoor writer, he says the DEC is keeping quiet about the date for a soft first day of sales.  The DEC is worried that the new system will crash with the normal first day rush.  I was told it was either the 4th or 11th but nobody really knows.  Have you heard anything?

From what I have heard this will be the last year to use any unused prior year deer tags in the "early" (september 27th to sept. 30th) season in the North.  Get out and fill the freezers.  I won't be able to as i will be taking my wife away for the weekend for our 5th year anniversary.  She knows though after we get back its all hunting season!!  Thats why I keep her! HAHA

Has anyone heard when licenses will go on sale?  I spoke with an outdoor writer, he says the DEC is keeping quiet about the date for a soft first day of sales.  The DEC is worried that the new system will crash with the normal first day rush.  I was told it was either the 4th or 11th but nobody really knows.  Have you heard anything?

Regardless as to when Big Game Licenses go on sale, it will be interesting to see after the season ends as to how many licenses were sold ( if one can find that information), the number of DMP's sold and filled, and the overall deer take.

Will the trend in hunter decline within the state continue, will the deer overall deer take change, will hunter reports of kills improve?

Who knows.