Food for the hunt

ryan

I usually bring the following but not all at the same. Just what I feel like that day.

Drinks:

- Coffee

- Water

Food:

- Granola Bars

- Jerkey

- Sliced hard salamis and cheeses

- Apples

Keeping it simple and that works. 

Most of the time for me for snacks it's just venison jerky & apples.

I usually hunt all day I may change stands or I may not. So here is what I bring for food. DRINKS: water and gator-aid FOOD: turkey or ham sandwich, granola bars and a snickers. I also bring a 5hr energy in case I start to fall a sleep. I hate having that dream about falling off the cliff and waking up finding myself  hanging from my safety harness 15ft off the ground. I don't eat my lunch where I hunt I move over by your stand to eat my lunch. So if you find a gator-aid bottle and a snickers wrapper by your stand you'll know I was there. :russian: 

Trail mix type snacks are good. A candy bar is good for a sugar burst.

I really like either the self-heating soup cans or the soup cans designed to go into the microwave. Strap a hand warmer around one and toss it into your muff to keep your hands warm and also heat up the soup. By lunch time, it's nice and warm to sip.

Water or gatorade for drinks.

Here is my usual list:

• water
  • apples
  • peanut cheese crackers
  • granola bar
  • sandwich
  • ramen cup of soup for cold days
  • apple cider packets

I carry a pocket-sized backing stove and butane fuel canister to heat the water for soup and hot cider.

My hunting spot is usually a good 10-20 minute hike from where I would fix the soup, or may even go back to my wheels to fix it if there is a significant temperature change (drop layers, add layers for the reminder of the day).

I keep extra water in the car in case I did not carry enough when hit the woods.

Here is my usual list:

• water
  • apples
  • peanut cheese crackers
  • granola bar
  • sandwich
  • ramen cup of soup for cold days
  • apple cider packets

I carry a pocket-sized backing stove and butane fuel canister to heat the water for soup and hot cider.

My hunting spot is usually a good 10-20 minute hike from where I would fix the soup, or may even go back to my wheels to fix it if there is a significant temperature change (drop layers, add layers for the reminder of the day).

I keep extra water in the car in case I did not carry enough when hit the woods.

Goin all out with burner and all