Cleaning House.

Four Seasons

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Nice...maybe he can let the new people in who have been waiting for 15 months for authorization codes!

Good luck this season making meat...The reason for the season!

I wish I could. I’ve asked for that ability a few times and haven’t gotten an answer. I would really like to bring this site back to life again. We will see. I’m trying. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I wish I could. I’ve asked for that ability a few times and haven’t gotten an answer. I would really like to bring this site back to life again. We will see. I’m trying. 

It will come back around. And it will be better than ever. So,So much better in these parts. You notice the only bitching are from the ones that live on the computer and obviously don’t have much of a life of their own.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

So the few that thought there were no Mod’s on this site kinda found out a little differently I see. Welcome Back to that Mod.  

Yeah I’m done with it. If people want to belong to the other forum, have at it. Want to belong to both, by all means. Trash this site in the process, then you’re gone. It’s childish bullshit that won’t be tolerated. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yeah I’m done with it. If people want to belong to the other forum, have at it. Want to belong to both, by all means. Trash this site in the process, then you’re gone. It’s childish bullshit that won’t be tolerated. 

All it takes is the push of a couple buttons and you can see just who trashed this site. And where. You want to talk about childish?   I live rent free in so many heads. Jealousy really cuts some people deep. Amazing. 

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Hey all ... I've been here since Sep. 2011 and am also on " the other site " and will not trash either one ! I enjoy both - always have - and will continue to enjoy both ! I want to give a big shout out to #FastEddie for being there during the recent tumult --- HooRah --- !

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I know WNYBuckHunter has tried to get through to burmjohn to allow new people to join the site with no luck . I have emailed burmjohn and also messaged him on facebook where he often posts with no luck . Apparently burmjohn , the site owner , just doesn't care . 

Yeah I’m not sure what the deal is. He’s paying for hosting, he pays for the domain to stay active. He responds to other things, just not when I talk about the site. I just keep trying though lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yeah I’m not sure what the deal is. He’s paying for hosting, he pays for the domain to stay active. He responds to other things, just not when I talk about the site. I just keep trying though lol. 

Maybe he is sitting back and letting the site clean itself out. I’m sure he checks in and I’m also sure he see’s how much better this site is now. Hopefully when he does open things back up those that deserved the boot have no way of climbing back in.  I mean that other site is so sweet why would they even want to check in here?  Obviously those that stayed on this site are willing and fine living without their input. 

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I know WNYBuckHunter has tried to get through to burmjohn to allow new people to join the site with no luck . I have emailed burmjohn and also messaged him on facebook where he often posts with no luck . Apparently burmjohn , the site owner , just doesn't care . 

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

i check in every now and then. that's very odd and won't help. you've both got more resolve than me being hamstrung still.

• Like 3

I’m doing much better so far, with posting harvest threads on this site, than on that other one.  (Sorry about the bb on the first one FSW, I honestly thought that one was a doe).  I made damn sure that the second one was. 

The harvest threads are less than a day old over on the other site though, so hopefully they will make it work.  

Thank you WNYBH and FEddie for keeping those harvest threads going here.  I hope you are able to get the other issues resolved with the site owner, welcoming new members, etc. 

May you all have an enjoyable deer season this year.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I’m doing much better so far, with posting harvest threads on this site, than on that other one.  (Sorry about the bb on the first one FSW, I honestly thought that one was a doe).  I made damn sure that the second one was. 

The harvest threads are less than a day old over on the other site though, so hopefully they will make it work.  

Thank you WNYBH and FEddie for keeping those harvest threads going here.  I hope you are able to get the other issues resolved with the site owner, welcoming new members, etc. 

May you all have an enjoyable deer season this year.  

Ya know what’s really funny. They complain about this site not letting new members in… Not good, I get it… but that other site is just all made up of the same exact people that always lived on this site. Minus the couple friends of the guy that started that site it’s just made up of kickbacks from this site. More or less that site is like this one, new can come in but few do and those that do rarely post. Some should get a real life and not have to live their lives through a computer. Same people, same posts, different site. 

9 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Ya know what’s really funny. They complain about this site not letting new members in… Not good, I get it… but that other site is just all made up of the same exact people that always lived on this site. Minus the couple friends of the guy that started that site it’s just made up of kickbacks from this site. More or less that site is like this one, new can come in but few do and those that do rarely post. Some should get a real life and not have to live their lives through a computer. Same people, same posts, different site. 

I don’t think there’s anyone over there, who doesn’t have something good to offer, but there are a few who make it very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolc123 said:

I don’t think there’s anyone over there, who doesn’t have something good to offer, but there are a few who make it very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Point being… same people that lived on this site now live on that one. You don’t see new members jumping all over that site even though they can. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Point being… same people that lived on this site now live on that one. You don’t see new members jumping all over that site even though they can. 

I have long struggled with the virtue of patience.  Those “special” characters over there really do help me to get over that problem, even though they know not what they do.

Take, for example, the one over there, who chimes in against full inclusion of the crossbow, every single time that it comes up.   Thanks to his opposition of that, and that of a very small group of like-minded others, we now have an early antlerless gun season in my home wmu.  Never has it been easier for me to secure our family’s food supply, than it is now (as the current harvest threads here clearly illustrate).

Had the DEC been allowed to implement full inclusion of the crossbow, like they wanted to, then we never would have had that special early season.  So you see, even a dedicated troll like that fella, can and will serve a higher purpose.  

No matter how hard you shake the milk, the cream always rises to the top, and evil never prevails.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, airedale said:

I have a big time problem being around a bunch of adults acting and bickering like two year olds and old gossiping biddies, I will never go on the other site, I like it just fine right here.

Al

I think you would be welcome over there, and have much to add, should you change your mind some day.  There are definitely some bickering pro-trolls over there, but even they, can and do  serve a useful purpose, as I just explained.  

There are also some real class acts over there, who definitely know what it’s all about.    There’s plenty of room left in this state for two hunting forums.  I hope to see them both grow and prosper. 

Edited by wolc123

51 minutes ago, airedale said:

I have a big time problem being around a bunch of adults acting and bickering like two year olds and old gossiping biddies, I will never go on the other site, I like it just fine right here.

Al

Exactly. And it’s not hard to see where it comes from. The pack mentality!! You see they live their life on the computer and it reflects. When one has to put a thread up on a computer and live out their lives on it there is a problem. This place now has everything needed without all the drama. Enjoyable to come to again. 

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. And it’s not hard to see where it comes from. The pack mentality!! You see they live their life on the computer and it reflects. When one has to put a thread up on a computer and live out their lives on it there is a problem. This place now has everything needed without all the drama. Enjoyable to come to again. 

There’s definitely something to that pack mentality thing.  I’m thinking I might run into some of the real thing, up your way, on early ML week.  An older couple, up the road from where I hunt on the other side of Ft Drum, recently got a pair of young, supposedly “feral” dogs.

The dogs seem ok alone, but they cause lots of trouble when they get loose together.  Seems they are on the “outs” with everyone else in the area now.

I’m hoping I don’t run into them loose on any of my early morning or later afternoon hunts up that way.   I’ll only have one shot available quick, for the first (7) days, anyhow.  I’ll need to rely on my Buck 110, for the second one, if it comes to that.  I guess I will have to practice a quick draw and open with that.

Edited by wolc123

14 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

There’s definitely something to that pack mentality thing.  I’m thinking I might run into some of the real thing, up your way, on early ML week.  An older couple, up the road from where I hunt on the other side of Ft Drum, recently got a pair of young, supposedly “feral” dogs.

The dogs seem ok alone, but they cause lots of trouble when they get loose together.  Seems they are on the “outs” with everyone else in the area now.

I’m hoping I don’t run into them loose on any of my early morning or later afternoon hunts up that way.   I’ll only have one shot available quick, for the first (7) days, anyhow.  I’ll need to rely on my Buck 110, for the second one, if it comes to that.  I guess I will have to practice a quick draw and open with that.

9mm on the right hip always takes care of any issues. 

9 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

9mm on the right hip always takes care of any issues. 

I started the pistol permit paperwork a long time a go when the T/C contenders were popular as a “loophole” gun that allowed the use of the .35 Rem in shotgun only zones.  

Midway thru that process, rifled shotgun barrels were legalized, negating the need for the pistol.  I took the course and started the paperwork, but that’s as far as I got.  I’m glad I didn’t now, that they are cranking up the pressure on permit holders.  

If I do get into trouble, I’ll have to trust in God and my cutlery skills to keep me safe. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Im on both as I'm on several forums . I don't have a beef with anyone on either sight . Your comment got me wondering  so  i just looked at sight activity and its very unfortunate looking at the stats . 
579 guests is sad ,  they could be members  If the owner would take some responsibility in his sight . 

IMG_2933.jpeg