need answer fast, doe in yard

Dan92

Ok So....Same doe.....no feeders just natural browse  near your home....happens to walk by and eat daily in her rounds around the place....your stand blind what ever...sitting in your woods...be it 200ft from your house to 2000ft...same doe on her daily route browses by your stand....

Will you please tell me the difference in having to sneak out of the house...by the way where she most certainly is in a higher state of alertness to take a good shot on her is so different than ........her browsing by the stand/blind in a more natural wooded comfortable surroundings and you not having to do much movement to draw and shoot her.

Tell me what is the sticking point in some of your brains on this...I am really curious to know...

• Like 1

I agree with Grow.....If it's meat your after take the shot. Do you think earlier hunters would not shoot if a deer walked passed their camp or cabin if there were on a meat hunt? No. they would take the shot and thank the lord for the short drag to the processing site. It all depends on what your after. If I was eating tag soup for three years this wouldn't even be a question.

Don't want to jack this thread but I have to ask as I do have mixed feelings on this

1) is if you are not sure & have to ask a forum on the right thing to do then morally you don't think it is the right thing to do

2) I know NH laws differ a ton compaired to NY for instance it is legal here to hunt almost anywhere you want as long as it is not posted  

what do you think the difference is between a deer walking in your yard like the OP & shooting it compaired to seeing a huge buck on the edge of say public land & going after it

is one hunting & one is not, both hunting or neither is hunting

guess I was thinking along the same lines Grow sorry didn't see you posted that

Edited by gfdeputy2

Ok So....Same doe.....no feeders just natural browse  near your home....happens to walk by and eat daily in her rounds around the place....your stand blind what ever...sitting in your woods...be it 200ft from your house to 2000ft...same doe on her daily route browses by your stand....

Will you please tell me the difference in having to sneak out of the house...by the way where she most certainly is in a higher state of alertness to take a good shot on her is so different than ........her browsing by the stand/blind in a more natural wooded comfortable surroundings and you not having to do much movement to draw and shoot her.

Tell me what is the sticking point in some of your brains on this...I am really curious to know...

Truer words...

I'd have put an arrow in it way before coming to this forum.   :)

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 2

out of like so ...congrats on a good clean kill and being able to sneak out of the house and around to get the shot...I know she knew she was in a active area and was highly alert to movement and dangers

LOL that's funny, used all my likes up so, LIKE!

Looks like we need a higher daily like quota