for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

you don't think they track your offenses now? when you go in front of the judge he has no way to determine if you have prior offenses?

Heck, throw $3 onto every license to support the software if it's that complicated. I'd pay that no problem. Probably would recoup their costs with increase fine revenue anyhow.

as usual you want to turn this into a pi^&%ng match.  If you think 3 bucks will do it, good luck with that.  I never said track offenses, I said to track the points.  How would fine revenue increase by adding points to already occurring offenses?  Again talking about it here and trying to do something about it are two different things. With my past experience, I think I do know a little more about this than you do.  I know exactly how to find out of a person has a previous offense.  that is quite different that tracking points.  I would have to contact DMV to get that information, not look  up someones criminal records.  They are tww entirely different data bases. 

Edited by bubba

I know exactly how to find out of a person has a previous offense.  that is quite different that tracking points.  I would have to contact DMV to get that information, not look  up someones criminal records.  They are tww entirely different data bases. 

How do you get that information?

I heard there is a lot of info linked to the DMV database...orders of protection, sex offender registry, they suspend drivers licenses for non payment of child support, I was also told that prior driving convictions along with points may also pop up when your license is run through DMV......now that NYS uses the same licensing program for all licenses it can't be too hard to link everything together.......whether or not the general public can request and get that info is another question.

In my case its having 3 different police officers that i hunt with and let hunt my property. Does not take much to get pretty much any info i would need to get on a person. Just a perk...

didn't think Cops were allowed to do that......or at least probably don't want you sharing that they do.

• Like 1

didn't think Cops were allowed to do that......or at least probably don't want you sharing that they do.

Like i said...Just a perk if needed.  Its like people that get on hunting forums and think that because they dont use their name,someone cant find out who you are. Every post comes from an address from your computer and shown to the right person that address will lead anyone thats in the know right to the name and address of where that computer sits. Anyone can be found. Real quick.

Like i said...Just a perk if needed.  Its like people that get on hunting forums and think that because they dont use their name,someone cant find out who you are. Every post comes from an address from your computer and shown to the right person that address will lead anyone thats in the know right to the name and address of where that computer sits. Anyone can be found. Real quick.

Exactly! that's why I suggested they may not enjoy you sharing that they provide certain information in exchange for hunting rights.

• Like 1

Just so you know…….If your LEO friends get caught running checks on people you want info on, they will have a big problem. You might not want to brag about your "perks". Your friends won't appreciate it.

• Like 1

My soon to be bother in law is very high up the law enforcement ladder on a national level. He also takes his job extremely seriously. If he was to see a post like that, there is no doubt in my mind that he would investigate who these three LEO friends are. You should be careful boasting about such things on they internet.

That being said, I believe the old saying runs true, empty cans rattle the most

Edited by Terry
  • Like 2

My soon to be bother in law is very high up the law enforcement ladder on a national level. He also takes his job extremely seriously. If he was to see a post like that, there is no doubt in my mind that he would investigate who these three LEO friends are. You should be careful boasting about such things on they internet.

That being said, I believe the old saying runs true, empty cans rattle the most

LOL..That call would do about as much good as some fool calling a tip line saying that a farmer is shooting yotes on his farm whenever needed. Nothing would ever come from it.

I dont believe the post said it has ever been done but said it could be done if needed. Many on this site like to read things into posts and assume many things and we all know what happens when that starts.

like i said from the start of this bubba needs a life, wow what an ass. Finally people are seeing that now. ! over and out

Bubba has worked as Justice of the Peace . I think he knows more about the subject than you or I . maybe if you paid attention , you would learn something !

Wow ! 32 posts and you know it all ..............

LOL..That call would do about as much good as some fool calling a tip line saying that a farmer is shooting yotes on his farm whenever needed. Nothing would ever come from it.

I dont believe the post said it has ever been done but said it could be done if needed. Many on this site like to read things into posts and assume many things and we all know what happens when that starts.

If you care a bit about your LEO friends, you will get over your self and drop this right now. "ASSUME" you have half a brain and just stop...

• Like 1

Still whining about that? Lol. For something that isn't a big deal to you, you sure seem to talk about it a lot. Sell any deer in 2014? How's the mullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

like i said from the start of this bubba needs a life, wow what an ass. Finally people are seeing that now. ! over and out

And as I stated before, I have a great life no need for another one.  Where in the hell are you coming from with this one?  I guess people go off on a tangent of their own and I need to get a life.  I still think your name was on this list or could be on a list and that is why you are so against it.

• Like 1

OK, so you can't get that information anymore though?

correct.  when I resigned my post, my access was closed out.  When I run again this fall and win, I will have access again.  When I was a justice all it took was a look up on a computer database to see what background someone who was to come in front of me had.  I had to look up on one place for prior criminal history and another entire place for dmv violations and any points.  That being said if I were to be caught looking up anyone who was not to come before me, I could have been charged myself.