So....What Did Santa Bring You?

DirtTime

Merry X-Mas to all!

What Did Santa Bring You?

Not much for me, I was bad.

Couple shirts, a new hat, a CD, the new Anne Rice book: Prince Lestat, and a gift card for snowboarding.

G/f musta been nice. She got a Kindle Fire HD, some nice items for her Ginger Snaps Bracelet, a gift card to go with the Kindle, and a vow from me to quit smoking before 2015.

I got a pretty good haul

Gift cards for DICKs , Walmart , Tractor Supply and Dunkin Donuts . Some cash and a couple of checks . A book by Jim Boheim , box of hand warmers , a hoodie zip up sweartshirt with some cool logo and a Samsung Galaxy S5 smart phone with a OtterBox case (got the phone early).

I started getting gift cards instead of the useless stuff that I would end up putting away in drawers .

• Like 1

I must have been really good this year! I'm so blessed to have a wonderful wife and family that supports my hunting obsession.

Savage axis in 7mm-08.

A very nice padded case for it.

A very nice padded case for the crossbow I got last fall.

Bass pro gift cards.

Under Armour hoodie.

Merino wool socks.

I Got Gift that is still a secret...so I can't officially say until Febuary...no guessing on open forums please...

Gold ear rings ..perfume...a great 700gr hand warmer ....sweater jacket ...cash..shirt....hat and gloves...but the best was a wonderful time laughing & talking with the the family.

I Got Gift that is still a secret...so I can't officially say until Febuary...no guessing on open forums please...

Grow, if you honestly didn't want us to guess...........You would not have posted it.........LOL

EDIT:

Oh, Grow, how is that older gent that is having a bad time doing? Did your community do anything for him for the holidays? Did they catch the people that beat him up? You haven't mentioned him since the deer season ended, so me and the g/f were both curious.

Edited by JustRob

There was a heated jacket that I wanted for archery hunting. Tried to get it at Sears, but they wouldn't let me try it on so I told them to stuff it. So I went to Runnings in Canandaigua and Dewalt makes one and they had them on display so I could actually try one on. The salesman turned it on so I could check out the heat.  It works out well, and should allow me to get out with the bow in the colder part of the season without dressing up like the Michelin Man. Stay warm and nothing interfering with my shooting form. Anyway, that became one of my Christmas presents. Oh and that day only they happened to have a 25% off sale. $157 ... coat....charger...battery.

There was a heated jacket that I wanted for archery hunting. Tried to get it at Sears, but they wouldn't let me try it on so I told them to stuff it. So I went to Runnings in Canandaigua and Dewalt makes one and they had them on display so I could actually try one on. The salesman turned it on so I could check out the heat. It works out well, and should allow me to get out with the bow in the colder part of the season without dressing up like the Michelin Man. Stay warm and nothing interfering with my shooting form. Anyway, that became one of my Christmas presents. Oh and that day only they happened to have a 25% off sale. $157 ... coat....charger...battery.

Just so you know,I have the milwalkee jacket,it does work but it will not keep you warm if it's windy out. I put a wind proof jacket over it when it's real cold otherwise the heat gets blown away

honesty ...no I don't...most that know me would have PM'd me or guessed it to them selves....It needs to stay this way to be a surprise to other ppl in person....

He wasn't beat up he was ripped off...and he is getting more help...I have put the word out to ppl he knows but didn't know how bad things had gotten...more ppl in community are looking out for him....

Edited by growalot

Just so you know,I have the milwalkee jacket,it does work but it will not keep you warm if it's windy out. I put a wind proof jacket over it when it's real cold otherwise the heat gets blown away

I have the Milwaukee heated jacket also . You need to get an extra battery and they are pricey . The batteries don't last that long and the pocket hand warmer eats them up .

Sorry folks .... now back to What did Santa bring you .............

I got the best gift of all. My first grandchild was born at 7:16 pm Christmas Eve. Hands down the best Christmas ever. A baby boy 8 pounds 14.9 oz 20 1/2 in long. Better score then any buck taken by anyone ever.

I want to nick name him Christmas because he came so close to the actual day. My sons likes it but everyone is against it. What do you guys think. I mean no disrespect to anyone or anything with this nick name just thought it would be the right nick name. Thoughts?

• Like 5

Got a nice frame daypack. It'll help me stay in the woods longer on those daylong sits when the weather changes and I need to add/remove layers, rain gear, etc. A couple times in bow season I felt like I got chased out of the stand because I didn't have the right gear with me to stay in the woods after rains moved in and it got colder.

Also got a new vac sealer and a nice buck knife. Got a nice Eco Drive watch, too.

Edited by phade

I got the best gift of all. My first grandchild was born at 7:16 pm Christmas Eve. Hands down the best Christmas ever. A baby boy 8 pounds 14.9 oz 20 1/2 in long. Better score then any buck taken by anyone ever.

I want to nick name him Christmas because he came so close to the actual day. My sons likes it but everyone is against it. What do you guys think. I mean no disrespect to anyone or anything with this nick name just thought it would be the right nick name. Thoughts?

Congrats stubby68! What a wonderful gift. I like Christmas.

Apparently, my wife pays attention to what I complain about because two of the things I talked about were taken care of this Christmas.

First, I complained that my sandwiches got smushed in my fanny packs because I had too many things to carry. She gave me a nice, mid-size backpack to solve this problem.

I was talking about how most of the big name hunting knives were not made in the US anymore, and she searched around and found me a beauty of a Bear and Sons locking knife that says USA right on it.

• Like 1

Santa was quite good to me this year...

Yeti Tundra 75 cooler

New Irish Setter Exoflex boots

New Kings Camo Mountain Shadow Jacket

New Kings Camo Mountain Shadow Bib

Under Armour Scent Control Base Layers

Family did a great job this year, probably making up for last year :mosking:

Congrats. Can always name him Chris as in Chris Kringle or however you spell it considering you don't like the name Nick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk