So....What Did Santa Bring You?

DirtTime

Apparently, my wife pays attention to what I complain about because two of the things I talked about were taken care of this Christmas.

First, I complained that my sandwiches got smushed in my fanny packs because I had too many things to carry. She gave me a nice, mid-size backpack to solve this problem.

I was talking about how most of the big name hunting knives were not made in the US anymore, and she searched around and found me a beauty of a Bear and Sons locking knife that says USA right on it.

Actually, their are quite of few American companies still making knives in the U.S...  Some new names have hit the market place. Some produce the parts overseas and assembled here, that have made in USA. stamped into the blade.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Apparently, my wife pays attention to what I complain about because two of the things I talked about were taken care of this Christmas.

First, I complained that my sandwiches got smushed in my fanny packs because I had too many things to carry. She gave me a nice, mid-size backpack to solve this problem.

I was talking about how most of the big name hunting knives were not made in the US anymore, and she searched around and found me a beauty of a Bear and Sons locking knife that says USA right on it.

I hate non - US made knives! My girlfriend got me a Bear & Sons mutli tool, called "Bear jaws". It's like leatherman used to be, but even better. I've been playing with it since yesterday and have only stabbed myself once.

Does it really matter where knives were made? Your smart smart phone wasn't made in the USA.

Got a late gift, two new finger releases.

It matters to me. There's something pleasing to me, about owning and using a USA made knife. Just holding it in my hand, I swear I can feel the difference from some chinese made knife, no matter the "quality" it may be. It's probably all in my head, but I don't care. I have the option to own an American made knife, so I do. If I could have an American made smart-phone, I would.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 3

It matters to me. There's something pleasing to me, about owning and using a USA made knife. Just holding it in my hand, I swear I can feel the difference from some chinese made knife, no matter the "quality" it may be. It's probably all in my head, but I don't care. I have the option to own an American made knife, so I do. If I could have an American made smart-phone, I would.

I hear ya…..Besides my rock, I got a beautiful ' Case'  made in the U.S.A. pocket knife ( that I will never use, because I already have like 7000 knives but for some reason people keep giving me knives even though I let it be known that Im good with knives, like 15 years ago,  but they keep coming anyway to the point that  Im actually running out of room to put knives and am thinking about selling some of them but I really don't want to and now Im rambling on because of all the knives I have)……………………Sorry.  Im into made into  the US made knives too.

Edited by ants
  • Like 3

I know what you mean Skillet. It is nice to have everything lock right into place solid like it is supposed to.

And Ants, I also have way too many knives. It is pretty sad when you can pull out a thirty year old knife and it is still better than a brand new Chinese piece of crap. I do have a few German knives that are of nice quality. I have no idea if they still make them like that.

My initial post was just the simple fact that I never tell my wife to get me certain things because if I need it, I just get it, or save up and get it. She did a good job of listening to me because she has absolutely nothing to do with hunting other than sending me on my way. For under $100 she bought me two well appreciated gifts, and for that, I am thankful. We are more about the family get togethers and meals, and trying to keep the true reason of Christmas alive.

Just so you know,I have the milwalkee jacket,it does work but it will not keep you warm if it's windy out. I put a wind proof jacket over it when it's real cold otherwise the heat gets blown away

Thanks for the tip. In the past, whenever the temperature/cold wind got to a certain point during bow season I had to start piling on the clothes to the point where shooting form, string clearance, and everything just went to hell. So anything I can do to cut the bulk will help immensely. But yes, there will have to be something over this because it really is just a jacket even though it is heated.

oh boy, i made out like a bandit this year...

A new 17.5 foot ladder stand, 2 person

A mtm Predator shooting rest

ThermaCELL Heated Insoles

A Gerber bone saw

Gerber skinning knife, a gutting knife with hook, and a great scabbard (with a built in sharpener) for them both.

One of those tree stand umbrellas.

A 3D bow target stand with wheels, I can't wait to use it.

A little bolt on accessory shelf with hooks, for a tree stand.

A Browning Strike Force trail cam

That's it for hunting related things, which is the bulk of my Christmas booty... I got a few other little nick-nacks.

Also, my birthday is the 25th, so those things include that.

I made out like a bandit!