Youth Success!!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Well, I took a friend of mine's 12 year old son out this morning on his grandfather's farm. For the past years I had taken his older brother out for the youth hunt in this same location and we went two for two. I was really hoping to keep the streak alive today. Yesterday afternoon I set my blind up at the bottom of a gully that is a preferred roosting location. At first light a gobbler sounded off above us and then a couple more off to the left. They hit the ground and went silent. I called a little bit and got a response not too far above us. It wasn't long till we had a longbeard working in, strutting the entire way. He eventually spotted the jake decoy and made a b-line to it. As he made it into range he went behind a log and all we could see was his fan until he finally stepped out at 15 yds and Caled dropped the hammer at 6:27.  What a fun hunt, and a great way to kick off the 2015 Season!!!

zDSCN0273.jpg

zDSCN0278.jpg

zDSCN0280.jpg

• Like 14