Daughter's & Boyfriends.........

Lawdwaz

I didn't have a alot of girlfriends around that age, a few I guess. I never had any girls father's come across as over protective . I would introduce myself when I picked them up first time and always got along good with their fathers. I think most father's can spot a bad egg before it becomes a problem.

• Like 2

Oh my!  Don't know if the original poster (or most fathers) want to hear those two words.  We are envisioning a movie, pizza, ice cream, please don't make us think about anything more!!

Because we all know kids don't have sex until they are out of college.(insert tongue in cheek here)

• Like 1

Because we all know kids don't have sex until they are out of college.(insert tongue in cheek here)

Jeez, we would probably be safer sending our daughters on that date with Pygmy then.  You figure at his age he probably might have ED, so at least we won't have the "sex" part to worry about.  LOL

• Like 2

Jeez, we would probably be safer sending our daughters on that date with Pygmy then.  You figure at his age he probably might have ED, so at least we won't have the "sex" part to worry about.  LOL

Not to worry, the only interest a young woman would have with this worn out old fart would be MONEY, and I don't have any..

Besides, I haven't had sex in so long I can't even remember who gets tied up !

• Like 2

"watching a movie"= not things you want your daughter doing......the young guys on here will understand.

I guess I'm an old guy because I am not understanding, so please explain what would be so bad about watching a movie??  Two people could get it on just about anywhere, or doing anything if they wanted to.

When my girls have boys over to watch TV, I almost constantly make noise in the other room, just to let the kid, know that Im there. I have it down to a science. He never knows when I will walk into the room. I favorite of mine is to sit at the computer, while they are in the TV room,  with my cordless drill and a hammer. I make noises like Im fixing something. 

When my girls have boys over to watch TV, I almost constantly make noise in the other room, just to let the kid, know that Im there. I have it down to a science. He never knows when I will walk into the room. I favorite of mine is to sit at the computer, while they are in the TV room,  with my cordless drill and a hammer. I make noises like Im fixing something. 

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to quietly pop in the room at times.  The surprise would keep everyone on their best behavior I would think.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to quietly pop in the room at times.  The surprise would keep everyone on their best behavior I would think.

Oh….. I do that too. The family/TV room is right off the kitchen and I pop in to check the fridge or pretend Im looking for something in the drawers, every 15 mins tops. Thats on top of making my repair noises in the next room………..  Don't doubt me..Im a pro..LOL!!

• Like 1

15 minutes?That's an eternity for a teen boy! When i was a teenager I could get it done in 2 minutes.It was good for me .Was it good for you?

15 mins is on top of me sounding off in the next room. I keep him constantly on edge….Tee-Hee

Next year I will have a girl in high school, but she is currently not interested in boys.  She is smart, quiet, and likes to read (some of it is college level).  She doesn't like to dumb anything down, so at least is they should be intelligent decent guy(or at least I hope so).  She does like to go for walks/runs and is stronger than she looks.

My son is not allowed to have parties, We have had a few gaming sessions of a couple of friends and a couple social events at the house for the stage crew.  They had music, games, snacks, and made s'mores over the fire-pit. We circulated every so often, "check" to see if there were enough snacks, need to replenish the ice, another bottle of soda or water.  Never more than a room away.  If someone left the gathering from the social event, they were not allowed back (remove chances of slipping away for drug or alcohol use).  No one was allowed in any bedrooms.  Limited everyone to the living room, dining room, kitchen or the deck.

Same rules apply for any friends coming over (exception being helping to carry out all the scenery for any War Hammer gaming sessions).

If people get to close, some times even our dog will intervene.

After the age of 12 your kids should already have what they need to do the right thing... if you haven't gotten the message across by then you're in for some sleepless nights. At 17 all you'll be doing by saying no is giving her all the more reason to do things behind your back. Just my take on it.

• Like 1

After the age of 12 your kids should already have what they need to do the right thing... if you haven't gotten the message across by then you're in for some sleepless nights. At 17 all you'll be doing by saying no is giving her all the more reason to do things behind your back. Just my take on it.

Agree'd my girls know what " the right thing" is … and I let them have their little dates. But I still don't trust ANY guy with them, and I make my presence known. I just think that a teenager is still a teenager... No matter how much you teach them they are still a naive teenager. But Im sure thats just me……..Im a little paranoid