Trail Cams

Mogrod

The one thing the Cuddeback has going for it is, they have the best trigger speed on the market.I have 3 of them.

No offense, but that statement simply isn't true. The new Aggressor and the Reconyx line will beat out Cudde on that component.

Plus trigger speed comparisons are a marketing gimmick. If you fall for that bullet point alone, you (not you, but in general) really need to learn how cameras work.

Cudde is simply middle of the pack overall imo.

Browning's BTC5HD and BTC7FHD are about the best bang for the buck under $150 for red IR at the moment on 2015 models. Black IR...there are cams that are good at vids, and cams that are good at pics, but not much under $150 that do both extremely well.

• Like 3

I just started using it but the Cuddeback Long Range IR cam I've got has a trigger speed that's plenty fast enough it seems.  also it's got an adjustable window for the motion sensor; wide or narrow beam angle.  I don't think night time IR pictures are that great but day time ones seem to be really good.  it's set to 20MP though.  TrophyCams I've got from Bushnell seem to take good pictures during the day good pictures at night.  trigger speed isn't quite as fast though.  you just learn to work with a camera and how to use it, as long as it'll work dependably.  I've heard a lot of good things about Browning cams.  Haven't bought any in a while so many of the new ones I don't know much about.

• Like 1

I have yet to buy a high end trail cam. I keep waiting for my current ones to stop working. I bought cheap ones thinking they might get stolen but they never have. They also take decent pics considering they were around $60-$90. Sometimes the color is grey instead of color, but they look clear enough to me considering the price point. I've had these cams for years now and never any issues.

post-871-14412896607166_thumb.jpg

post-871-14412897250765_thumb.jpg

post-871-14412897472926_thumb.jpg

post-871-14412897708527_thumb.jpg

post-871-14412897843667_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought Cuddeback Trail Cameras were considered one of the best on the market. However , when I looked on TrailCamPro.Com  for their reviews , I found out that Cuddeback doesn't want to be included in any tests or reviews. Every other manufacturer is listed. Certainly seems like a red flag to me.

I picked up a Browning BTC-6HD and am not impressed.  It's not taking night time pictures at all and the day time pics have a lot of blurr on moving subjects.  The lack of night time pics will have me contacting Browning to get it fixed or replaced.

See if you have the latest firmware version:

http://browningtrailcameras.com/customer-service/

For the not taking night pics at all, is it taking black pics like the IR is out or its not sensing the triggering person/animal?

The blur on that pic is due to the fact that pic should have been in IR as a transition shot. Nearly 8:00 and the blure and grain is from the loss of definition in low light. Just as you see on TV hunting shows in low light. Firing the IR with the filter down would have limited that blur and gained definition.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

thanks, I'll check the firmware version.  I had a bunch of black pictures which I assume were the night shots.

If the pics are black and the time stamp (if you entered the time correctly) show it to be a night shot that seems suspect. Either the filter isn't dropping down or the IRs are not firing.

Sounds silly, but, lock yourself in the closet with the lights off....set the cam up, and set it to time lapse to trigger. Take your phone, turn down the screen birghtness, and turn the phone camera on and point at the game camera. The IRs firing will be picked up by the phone screen. If it isn't picking them up, you know for sure.

PS Don't ask how I know this.

Edited by phade

Ive owned 8 cuddebacks, (5 capture ir & flash, 1 attack and 2 ambush), they all but 1, have gotten me thousands and thousands of good pics out of them before they stopped working "correctly".. my attack cam on the other hand only worked good for a year then decided to take a pic every minute, and no matter what i do, i can not get it to do anything different. 

will probably replace with the new browning or covert cam.. for the price.

otherwise i really like my bushnell trophy cams!