Getting older stinks

Zem18

I am not exactly sure when it started but recently I have noticed I suffer from CRS. I spent the last hour and a half looking for the keys, yes both of them are on the same ring together with no other keys attached to them, to my gun security cabinet. I am so pissed. I was in there Saturday to get my pistol out as my son and I were headed out for a hike and some fishing. I locked it and went to return the keys where I hide them but my son followed me. I remember thinking I need a new spot but can't remember if I picked a new spot or not. If I did, it's a Damn good one cuz I can't find em. I don't think I took them with me in my pocket so they have to be here.

I hid the pistol in the garage for now but I have to find these keys. I did look up the website and you can reorder a key for $10. Man I feel like a dope. Thanks for reading my rant. Thought it might help me remember where I put them. No luck yet.

• Like 3

I am not exactly sure when it started but recently I have noticed I suffer from CRS. I spent the last hour and a half looking for the keys, yes both of them are on the same ring together with no other keys attached to them, to my gun security cabinet. I am so pissed. I was in there Saturday to get my pistol out as my son and I were headed out for a hike and some fishing. I locked it and went to return the keys where I hide them but my son followed me. I remember thinking I need a new spot but can't remember if I picked a new spot or not. If I did, it's a Damn good one cuz I can't find em. I don't think I took them with me in my pocket so they have to be here.

I hid the pistol in the garage for now but I have to find these keys. I did look up the website and you can reorder a key for $10. Man I feel like a dope. Thanks for reading my rant. Thought it might help me remember where I put them. No luck yet.

Speaking of 2 keys on the same ring, i locked the garage door with both keys on the workbench last week. A trip to my dads house to get the angle grinder to cut the door knob off and i was back in business. O ya did i mention it was the second door knob i had to cut off the garage this summer , what were you saying about being absent minded?

• Like 2

Dont feel bad Zem.  I use to have a contract servicing equipment in a prison,  notice I said use too lol.  A tool count was conducted before entering the compounds.  When you came out the tool count was done again.  Well I was short a screwdriver, place was locked down trying to find it.   It was just a  few hours later It was found in my back pocket.  Never got invited back.  LOL

• Like 5

I ran around the other day trying to find my keys....I had grabbed a bunch of stuff so my one hand was full as I searched..I finally said WT...... and slammed the stuff in my hand on the counter fed up, the keys were in my hand the whole time!... :wacko:

Edited by growalot

This past week I was putting up window blinds in the new house. Can't tell you how many times I "lost" the drill bit, screwdriver, measuring tape, screws for the blinds and my glasses! Spent more time looking for "lost" items than actually putting up the blinds. Then get huffy and puffy because I can't find them. lol! My wife just shakes her head and laughs at me. Whoever said that getting old is not for sissy's was right on!

• Like 1

Cathloic Relief Services? Comes up first on google.

But yeah it does. I'm not even "old".

I'm at the point where I'm so sick of not being able to find tools that I just buy extras. I have purchased multiple tape measures at a time just so that I can be reasonably sure I'll find one. I also am about to buy 5-6 pairs of scissors soon, though that's because the kids use them and put them who knows where.

• Like 1

Cathloic Relief Services? Comes up first on google.

But yeah it does. I'm not even "old".

I'm at the point where I'm so sick of not being able to find tools that I just buy extras. I have purchased multiple tape measures at a time just so that I can be reasonably sure I'll find one. I also am about to buy 5-6 pairs of scissors soon, though that's because the kids use them and put them who knows where.

Don't bother with the scissors thing. About a year ago I bought 5 pair, for the same reason you mentioned. Somewhere in my house there must be 10-12 pairs of scissors. Damned if I can find a single pair.

I have done a lot of this but it's always funny when someone else it .

My wife was talking on her cell phone and shuffling things around on the counter and other places . We were going to leave the house in a couple minutes . I asked her what she was looking for and she said her phone . I asked her what the hell she was talking on and she got red faced .

• Like 1

Don't bother with the scissors thing. About a year ago I bought 5 pair, for the same reason you mentioned. Somewhere in my house there must be 10-12 pairs of scissors. Damned if I can find a single pair.

Did you try looking in the laundry room ...where all those "one" socks seem to disappear.... :cheese:

• Like 2

After reading some of your stories, I do not feel so bad...I cannot be the only person to put the milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge.....

Right?

Only when eating cereal at 3am after a night of drinking when I was a lot younger!!! lol done it.