Finally had some time to build a hut on my platform

burmjohn

Well this platform is 4+ years in the making.... The first year I did the platform (with the help of my brother), the second  year I did the railings and finishing up the platform the third year I did nada (2nd kid born, other obligations) 4th year I built the hut.  3rd year I got the buck out of this stand and the 2nd year I saw a ton of deer (no shots) so anyways leads me up to this year and I had time to actually build a nice hut.  A place I can hopefully start dragging my oldest daughter soon.

Thanks to my buddy fairgame, who not only gave me the windows from a reno job he did near by, helped me also finish up the hut last weekend in one day, there is no way I could have done this without his help. End result is a awesome spot to sit on crap days and to take my kids.  Few more things to do and I might just camp out in here. Really hoping my daughter will come with me soon, she is young, but I want to get her started early. 

Stand 

post-2-0-89182100-1443150383_thumb.jpg

Stand

post-2-0-33467100-1443150387_thumb.jpg

Buck from last year

post-2-0-58197500-1443150655_thumb.jpg

Pic of stand last year

post-2-0-48906400-1443151078_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-08451600-1443151174_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-24080200-1443150714_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

One of the first things I learned about taking the young future hunters out with me. Is to make sure they are comfy and have a little wiggle room. Because at first they do tend to wiggle, a lot! Well, it looks comfortable enough and has plenty of wiggle room! I think you got it covered nicely! Good luck this season!

• Like 1

Jeez, you even have a front deck up there. You could put a BBQ on it and grill sausages while you are hunting. Maybe the smell would bring in another big buck for you?  Or better yet maybe a bear will come up to have a bite with you! LOL

Better not tell anyone where your property is located, because they'll raise your property taxes for a structure that big.  LOL