LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

this was my view at 47' at 1030am yesterday it was windy but not to bad about 30 minutes into the repair I felt a huge gust hot me and at that point I knew I was the fun was about to begin and mother nature opened up and let loose.

good luck and be safe in the woods and don't forget your safety harness

post-1581-0-47316800-1447415856_thumb.jp

post-1581-0-44978100-1447415878_thumb.jp

I moved 32 branches,limbs and small trees off my trail going in the other morming...a trail I had cleared the week before.....The winds weren't near as bad as these last two days...I'll have my work cut out for me.....I hike when not hunting every day I am not at the gym.

Just be careful guys...they'll be bedded up in the pines,off side of gullies and the swamps in this stuff

this was my view at 47' at 1030am yesterday it was windy but not to bad about 30 minutes into the repair I felt a huge gust hot me and at that point I knew I was the fun was about to begin and mother nature opened up and let loose.

good luck and be safe in the woods and don't forget your safety harness

What is that?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Got dads "6" point cleaned up. I'm pretty sure legally it's a 5 lol. He's never going to give me my rage hypodermic back after this.

The antlers on mine were EXACTLY the same. I mean not quite, as they are different deer, but yeah also mine should have been 6 but had a missing smaller, so technically was a 5, and even on the same side! 

I also didn't keep mine's head, though thankfully the butcher did press me to keep the antlers (skull cap), so I spent an hour cleaning those up. Youtube told me to boil but be careful not to let antlers boil (can change color), so I did that and everything popped out. I skipped the soap, bleach steps after.

Edited by Core

Just watched the wind blow down a tree

Yesterday afternoon, while looking for the doe I shot, had a tree blow down not 50 yards of me. Decided to bail and wait for a couple of hours to let the wind die down. Didn't feel too comfortable walking around with my nose to the ground looking for blood in that wind!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1