LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Wow coulda just killed a huge 8 wish I didn't shoot a 6 now lol

That happened to me 2 years ago, shot a nice 8. Then I was out looking for a doe and a monster came out. All I could do is pick up my chin and just stare in disbelief. Has not been seen in the,daylight since. Got pics of him at night every year.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That happened to me 2 years ago, shot a nice 8. Then I was out looking for a doe and a monster came out. All I could do is pick up my chin and just stare in disbelief. Has not been seen in the,daylight since. Got pics of him at night every year.

Yep all I did was watch him with my mouth hanging in shock lol oh well it was awesome to watch him

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted Today, 08:15 AM

I have a buck and doe already grow and I am still out here. I need another doe for me hungry!emoji41.png

I always save the rest of doe tags for gun...Besides I like to have first deer all processed way before gun if I'm lucky...speaking of which...I have jerky to cut and marinade today....

I try to avoid the cams too...for when I don't, opening day of gun drives me crazy...Where to go where to go!! ;)

Ten yards from blind...

Screwing around playin soduko on phone look up and jeesh a deer right there! Man how'd he get there must have been bedded right back there. Big button I want to see him in 4 years! He's rubbing the licking branch then chowin apples. Then I see deer comin in from the right headed right to the button but back in the thick. I think a doe and fawn. He spooks them they turn and split and he chases after them. Stupid button I wanted that doe! Lol

Just got back from morning sit. Went to second property with my buddy. Ended up sitting in a ground blind for only the second time ever. Was comfy in there. Well it was placed last week by someone else and not brushed in so when that 4pt came over the top of the ridge and saw a new house in his living room, he stomped and took off back the way he came.

That was my last sit for bow this year. Sad to see it end. Going to sight in this afternoon with my buddy for next weekend. Gun was on last year but it's always good to check each year.

It must be a morning for 4-points. One slowly crossed our farm from west to east, 100 yards from me, at 10:30 am, stopping twice to munch on clover. Had he been 50 yards closer, I would have taken the shot, as this is the last day for my archery buck tag. That was exactly one year to the minute that another 4 point crossed the same direction but on the next hedgerow, and only 15 yards from my blind. That one caught me napping, but I was wide awake this time. Hopefully I can catch a bigger one in range out at my folks farm this afternoon for my last archery season hunt of the season. They just finished harvesting all the field corn over there so the deer should be concentrated in the remaining cover. Good luck to everyone this afternoon.

Edited by wolc123

I walked through a 40 acre thicket via the mowed trail to go hang a stand and I jumped a spike. "Oh cool" I thought and took 10 steps looked up and there was the head of a younger 8pt staring at me 20 yards in. He took off eith a doe so I took another 20 steps and up jumps another spike... never before... and last night I had a 4pt walk directly underneath me when I was halfway up the tree. It's on.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk