They walk umong us...

Nomad

Grow does have a point.  I guess we will never know how badly this deer was injured, but if there was ever a time a deer should have been given some extra attention and care it would be this incident.  Just think for a minute of the odds for an injured deer or any animal for that matter to walk itself thru a hospital emergency room door??  It's astronomical!  Whether it was some sort of divine intervention here or just a fluke, it is still quite an amazing story.

• Like 1

BTW Larry...We no longer wait for the ambulance and it's less than 11/2 miles away....We immediately call 911 and tell them we are in route with an injured person in our car and what route and type of injury ..call the ER

When I broke my leg and ankle the Ambulance was called and  over 30 mins later arrived..I was going into shock by the time they got me to the and into surgery......at the time the ambulance was at the end of our road 1 mile away had I been bleeding worse internally I could have died....God bless volunteer  ambulance and fire...but sometimes the country services just make ppl realise they need to help them selves some times.

Edited by growalot

Just who is gong to transport it ? The hospitals don't have ambulances I can tell you with 100% certainty no ambulance company is going to put a deer in and transport it , and that's good as we need them for people. The wait time for an ambulance right now can be real long in the city and often suburban ones have to cover calls, it's quite common for me to ask for an eta for the ambulance more then once. My plan at my home is to,load a family member in the car and go to RGH , I can be there before a rig can reach my home.

Really don't want one taken out of service transporting a deer .

The best thing a hospital can do is , get it outside as soon as possible and go back to treating people .

I was an EMT in the City of Buffalo (Rural/Metro) for 2 years before I went back to school. I used to say that if I was ever injured in the city I would drag my half-dead body to the neighboring suburb and call their EMS before I would ever allow Rural/Metro to be called.

Two Monroe County sheriff's deputies happened to be at the hospital when the deer staggered in.

Assisted by UR's public safety officers, the deputies took the deer out of the hospital.

"They strapped it to a gurney and wheeled it across the parking lot," said Cpl. John Helfer, spokesman for the sheriff's office.

The  deputies called animal control about 5:40 p.m., and the deer was euthanized.

From the D&C.

I guess those "trigger happy cops" may have called for back up.

• Like 2

Strap it to a gurney so that it doesn't kick the crap out of ya' while you work to get it away from the 'sensitive' types, and kill it in the parking lot. Euthanizing in situ would be a bad call.

Don't anthropomorphize the critter. A hospital ER, the sliding door on your deck, or the windshield of your car, the deer didn't 'know' what it was doing. It's incapable of that level of thought and decision-making. 

Phil...I think we all know that. What makes the story news worthy, is the astronomical odds of it having walked into a ER in the city of all places, after being struck

Do you think it actually knew that it was walking into a people hospital, and that it was intentionally seeking medical attention??

Do you think it actually knew that it was walking into a people hospital, and that it was intentionally seeking medical attention??

Yeah, I believe it sat down on a park bench and began worrying about some possible internal injuries. Likely after pondering it's situation, it reasoned that it should immediately seek proper medical attention. And the hospital was right there ..... so, why not. What a surprise it must have had when instead of emergency hospital personnel rushing around and performing emergency medical measures, it found itself being pursued  and forcibly ejected  from the hospital. Sounds like a clear cut case of bias to me.

Yeah, I believe it sat down on a park bench and began worrying about some possible internal injuries. Likely after pondering it's situation, it reasoned that it should immediately seek proper medical attention. And the hospital was right there ..... so, why not. What a surprise it must have had when instead of emergency hospital personnel rushing around and performing emergency medical measures, it found itself being pursued  and forcibly ejected  from the hospital. Sounds like a clear cut case of bias to me.

Its all the result of Obama Care!!!!  Damn shame!!!

Ants...thats what I said to Phil... CAN'T MAKE THE POINT MUCH CLEARER...OBVIOUSLY iT DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE.         that is what makes the story........... the fact it went there of all the places in the area an ER 

Really  some of you are sounding like the commenters now..

Ants...thats what I said to Phil... CAN'T MAKE THE POINT MUCH CLEARER...OBVIOUSLY iT DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE.         that is what makes the story........... the fact it went there of all the places in the area an ER 

Really  some of you are sounding like the commenters now..

I just heard that the deer first went to an Urgent Care Facility, two blocks away,  but the facility didn't have automatic doors, so the deer just hung out in front of the place for a while, bedded down and eventually moved off to the Hospital..

• Like 2

Couldn't some of the people involved just kicked in a few bucks each and just rented a van??? If I was there, I would have kicked in 20-30 bucks to get this thing to a vet for life saving surgery .. That deer would be running around the woods right now if it wasn't for those cheap bastards..