Well....

G-Man

Well my friend shot a beautiful 8pt today and while coming back from town I saw what I thought was a deer laying in a neighboring field, so I call him tell him I think I found your buck!! He told me no he just gutted his, I said well there is a dead 10 point here.. upon closer examination I see a 30 cal hole in it, so call to dec made, lots of reports ,and long story short I got to keep the meat, but dec took head, and cape for evidence. While capeing it we found the bullet.more evidence..

• Like 4

how long after he was killed did you find him, still fresh? oh, and did they issue you some type of tag for it?

Yes got two tags for it a red evidence tag, and then a receipt for the release of said evidence for comsumption,

Body was still warm but had cool considerably to maybe 80 degrees, stayed with the deer till I was given ok to gut and remove it , then officers met at my house to examine and took to kill site to examine

• Like 1

probably pushed of by a car....any mention of someone hearing the shot?....Of course if it's like around here there are shots all the time...especially dusk and dawn...I just hope that it's yotes and raccoons.....Shotguns right now are far off and I know it's the fowl hunters ...I can sit in 3 different stands and see the length of Hemlock lake now...they have been busy there and  the Conesus inlet...

Well as agent was at.my.house, he got a call from a guy that wanted to pick up a carcass tag for road killed deer (in the exact location I remove the buck from 3 hours earlier) agent smiled and said I guess I'll have to talk to him a little later... hoping it was the guy or friend of guy that got put up to getting the deer his buddy hit....