Sunrise/Sunset rules

jmg343

We've all broken some rules, sure.  But I'm sure many of us sit at that moment and hash it out in our heads if we should or shouldn't.  And I'm not just talking about hunting.  If we eventually do decide to break the law after the moral battle in our heads, we probably feel guilty afterwards.  Doesn't mean we don't cave to temptation.  The difference is when there is no moral battle and there is no remorse.  That's the attitude that some here are displaying.

If you are a trophy hunter and that buck of a lifetime pops out of the bush 5 minutes after legal shooting hours and you drop him, or if you are a meat hunter and that doe pops out for an easy shot 5 minutes after legal shooting hours on the last day of the season and you drop her, I guarantee you that you, me or ANYONE else will have absolutely NO remorse about it.  I don't care who you are. If you do, you are definitely a rare breed then and I'd still have a hard time believing you, because I honestly don't think there is a hunter out there who will pound his head against the wall for more than 2 seconds for doing such a thing.  

• Like 1

Oh Steve, based on this thread alone I am certain there are some that have banged their heads on hard surfaces for far longer than 2 seconds.

LOL, I wouldn't doubt it, but I am almost positive that the head pounding wasn't due to remorse over shooting a deer a few minutes before or after legal hours.   

Out and out anti-Semitism. Shame. And I get a PM for typing a swear word.

**I am not the least bit offended, and won't be, by anything ever said.**

I have seen jjb post a lot. Trust me, It was adoration...lol    or admiration. yeah one of those.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I am. By birth. Not practicing. Don't have horns either. I'm a walking anomaly. I also surf and am a fireman.

Wow, amazing!  I bet your jewish relatives and friends probably think you are a freak of nature, too?  For most jews, if you don't become a doctor or a lawyer you are considered a total failure.  I think there was a show on broadway recently that was titled, "My son the waiter, a jewish tragedy."  LOL

I have a jewish last name, but I am a catholic. My Dad's grandparents were practicing jews, but not his parents or him. So my parents were married in a church and I was raised catholic.

My Dad told me that his Dad always took him out of NYC to the catskills on those September jewish holidays so that they could hunt small game.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

You'll never get anyone to admit anything wrong online. I believe there's probably actually only a few like growie that set an alarm and hop down from the stand.

the law is dumb. that's all there is to it. They want more deer killed, but wont adopt a rule that many other states have. They want more deer killed but they screw us over during bow and mz season. I just don't get it...

btw, your attitude sucks and that's what rubs people wrong. Although most of the holier than thou posters I bet aren't in compliance with the safe act either... but hey that's different right?

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

so let me ask you if NY gave you the 1/2 hour rule would you still hunt 20 minutes after if you think you could still see?

trust me, there are some days where 10 minutes after sunset it's tough to see down south where 30 minutes is legal. It's all about common sense, and point is. at sunrise and sunset you can still clearly see. At 30 minutes past on a full moon snowy ground you probably can too, but there's a line and most states and hunters know 30 is a legit cutoff.

• Like 1

I truly hope that all those thinking this whole thing is OK...remembers this when their..... hhmmm. how do you guys put it?...Oh "butt hole puckers"  when those ..I can barely see my path, day light is upon you.. Then those first 45 min before light gun shots go off...

you're the one who trips on roots and falls down when you step on a grouse. I think most of us able bodied fit individuals do just fine walking through the woods with a headlamp in the dark.

I never met a jewish hunter in my life, so you'd be the first if you truly are jewish.  

Most of the hunters I know personally are all jewish. I don't know the %'s but I would think jews are a very high % of Westchester county and Manhattan.