Sunrise/Sunset rules

jmg343

Skillet that tip was a general call out , as it were...and my moral compass has been fine all my life...your right it's just not for the elder ...but I can tell you it kicks into high gear with age...this from speaking with many elderly70+ year old ppl..... BTW one can learn so many things from the ppl that have the benefit of many years on them...It also doesn't have to be law breaking...but hey.... life will teach you :)

5:35 and mother nature says you cant shoot most nights. Pretty fine line there Culv...

I am just wondering if the "official" stance hasn't changed because of the tendency to push it further.  Is there a written law and then a "wink, wink" understanding that it won't be enforced? like speeding.  I haven't heard of a ticket issued for it unless it was in conjunction with another violation. I am sure there must be but I haven't heard of it.

Admit it Pygmy.  You were one of the flower children rolling naked in the mud at Woodstock in '69, weren't you?

Steve, I can't even REMEMBER 1969, but I'm sure if there was any naked mud rolling taking place, I was involved !! At least I HOPE I was !...

Skillet that tip was a general call out , as it were...and my moral compass has been fine all my life...your right it's just not for the elder ...but I can tell you it kicks into high gear with age...this from speaking with many elderly70+ year old ppl..... BTW one can learn so many things from the ppl that have the benefit of many years on them...It also doesn't have to be law breaking...but hey.... life will teach you :)

Growie, I'm well aware of the benefits of studying old people. I have quite the collection of them myself. I value experience, which often happens to accompany age. I'm just not of the opinion that someone's good fortune to live many moons, necessarily gives them any more intelligence, or valid insight on life.

• Like 2

What makes you think he isn't still? Just at home...lol

I never said he wasn't.  I could just see him swinging naked from his elk antler chandelier in his dining room even now in his advanced years.  It's probably not a pretty sight, but I could see him doing something like that.  LOL

If I made all my money in cash and don't report it to avoid taxes but the IRS never saw it...is it still illegal?

Call me, I'm an accountant and if you made all your money in cash you would be an excellent client!

As for hunting before/after legal hunting hours not a morning/evening passes while in the woods during gun season that I don't hear shots being fired before/after so called legal shooting time.

I never said he wasn't.  I could just see him swinging naked from his elk antler chandelier in his dining room even now in his advanced years.  It's probably not a pretty sight, but I could see him doing something like that.  LOL

My elk antler chandelier is over the BED...

I'm just not of the opinion that someone's good fortune to live many moons, necessarily gives them any more intelligence, or valid insight on life.

Then I'll give this opinion and leave it at that.:

In that case there may be a failure to process the conversations you may have had...you are correct on intelligence...but one does not need a high IQ inorder to instill insight and knowledge to another...That said..... some ppl should interact with ppl in the intellectually challenged part of our society.

Then I'll give this opinion and leave it at that.:

In that case there may be a failure to process the conversations you may have had...you are correct on intelligence...but one does not need a high IQ inorder to instill insight and knowledge to another...That said..... some ppl should interact with ppl in the intellectually challenged part of our society.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

A great majority of your posts leave me with my head cocked, like a dog who hears a strange noise.

I'm out. Like Wingnut said, enough side banter.

• Like 6

Wow, this thread was started last night at 8:43 and we are on the 8th page already.  We must be setting a world record here.  Love him or hate him, you got to give it to the OP for lighting things up.  I think he's owed a prize actually.  At least a box of Rice-a-Roni for crying out loud!

• Like 3

I do what I can to keep it lively around here.

I give you points for that, but you picked an easy topic to do it.

It was like tossing French fries on the beach , you know the sea gulls are all going to drop out of the sky and peck at each other trying to get a fry.

• Like 3

We've all broken some rules, sure.  But I'm sure many of us sit at that moment and hash it out in our heads if we should or shouldn't.  And I'm not just talking about hunting.  If we eventually do decide to break the law after the moral battle in our heads, we probably feel guilty afterwards.  Doesn't mean we don't cave to temptation.  The difference is when there is no moral battle and there is no remorse.  That's the attitude that some here are displaying.

• Like 1