My Biggest yet!!! Still Excited..couldn't wait to share!!!

ApexerER

So this has been the best year ever for me. I got my first Bow kill 10/17...a big fat doe....Last Saturday I got my first and biggest buck ever with the bow....a 5pt and today I beat that by a lot. I got in my stand at 6am and waited for the woods to wake up. It was a perfect morning. Cold, no wind, sun coming up...Just the kind of day I am usually at work for.....At about 7:45 I hear a noise behind me and look over my shoulder and I see a buck. Its about 30 yds behind me moving from behind my left shoulder to behind my right shoulder. I inch myself around in the stand and get my scope on him. I can see he is a 4 pt. I am trying to decide what to do when I hear a noise back in front of me. I turn my head and a doe is coming down in front of me. I go back to paying attention to the buck. I have him dead to rights a number of times and decide he gets a pass from me. I know a lot of you do this but this was a big deal to me. If it wasn't for my 5pt last week this would be my biggest deer. I never figured I would be in position to pass on a buck but I did....Fast forward to 4pm....I am thinking to myself....why don't I ever see deer in the evening. I have been hunting for years and 95% of the deer I have seen were before 9am. I am thinking back to the 4pt and how people always say don't pass a deer on the first day you would shoot on the last day. I catch movement out in front of me...its a deer...I check my phone and it's 4:10....I think if they are going to come in it better happen quick. I get my scope up and find the deer. Its a doe and she is coming right to me. I catch movement behind her and move the crosshairs....Please please be a buck...I catch a glimpse of Antlers and I can tell it is wide. The doe is moving right in....and I mean almost at the bottom of my stand. I am trying to keep myself composed because I know if I blow it with her right there he is gone to. He is moving in but more off to my right side...He is behind some trees and he stick his head and neck out....and I am like...wow they do exist.....I have my cross hairs right on his neck and I am thinking do I take this shot. I am proud of myself. I walked myself through the steps....breath...squeeze the trigger...don't pull the gun...pow..right in the neck...He drops right there....I look down at the doe expecting her to bolt. She doesn't budge....I couldn't believe it...she went right along like nothing at all happened. I want to go see my deer but I don't want to blow this deer out of there. So I wait and wait while she feeds off. I finally climb down when she is about 35-40yds away and she could care or less. I walk over to him and I was so happy I had tears in my eyes. I was really starting to think that deer with 6 or more points were mythical creatures....Thanks for reading!!!!

post-4816-0-12819800-1448160584_thumb.jp

post-4816-0-32301300-1448160615_thumb.jp

• Like 18