Some of NY's bigger 2015 bucks

nyantler

not all of Albany county is bow only, just 4J. I hunt in 4B and they just opened rifle last year and it was shotgun before that. there are some decent bucks around here but no where near some of the monsters I see pics of from other parts of the state. from what I've seen the capital region seems to be on the bottom of the list for New York trophy whitetails. hopefully i'll prove myself wrong by the end of the season!!!

Im shocked nobody has posted on here about the 190 incher taken this week yet.

Been a good year for good bucks, but great bucks seem down or rarer than normal.

That buck will be on the website... it has been officially scored as a non-typical 189 gross... 170 net NT

The score doesn't really do it justice because of the mass on the tines which only get scored for length not mass... the g2's are as big around as the beam! The fact that it's a 7x4 didn't help the score either. I don't know what the gross typical score was, but I'm guessing it was around 180

That buck will be on the website... it has been officially scored as a non-typical 189 gross... 170 net NT

The score doesn't really do it justice because of the mass on the tines which only get scored for length not mass... the g2's are as big around as the beam! The fact that it's a 7x4 didn't help the score either. I don't know what the gross typical score was, but I'm guessing it was around 180

Oh I know about the mass. I held the rack at the celebratory beer session. Theres a few places my hand wasnt even close to wrapping around the beams. The hunter is a great kid too. Makes it even better of a story. Edited by phade
  • Like 3

Not to be that guy but can it be officially scored without the drying period?

There is a 60 day drying period before it can be officially scored for the books... in this case the Benedict buck was scored by an official measurer and is an official green score... meaning not done by the guy's brother in law that never scored a buck but learned how from a guy that never scored a buck ... :)

• 1 month later...