The Revenant

Water Rat

Went and saw the movie last night. I thought it was pretty good. If your a Jeremiah Johnson fan , you'll probably enjoy this one.

From what I saw in the trailers it looked like the story of HUGH GLASS. "Man in the Wilderness" was the 1st one.

Here is AN ARTICLE from "The American Rifleman".

good movie, supposedly a lot different from the book which is also supposed to be good. filmed over 9 months using a few hours of light before sunset and after sunrise in Canada and Argentina using only natural lighting (no effects) .  not a lot of dialogue but you dont need it to understand the struggle

From what I saw in the trailers , it looked a bit like the movie "man In The Wilderness" with Richard Harris starring as Zachary Bass .

'Man in the Wilderness" was based on Hugh Glass. Having read some historic accounts about Hugh Glass after that movies premiered, I recognized a lot of scenes from "Man in the Wilderness" that were based on actual accounts of his ordeal.

I googled MOVIES BASED ON HUGH GLASS to see if "The Revenant" was such & both movies came up.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Anyone that has seen either movie should do some research on Hugh Glass. His survival of the grizzly attack wasn't his only miraculous escape from death. There was another instance of his escaping hostile native Americans & walking through the wilderness for many, many miles to Fort Kiowa.

I've always been interested in the history of the mountain men and I have read several accounts of Hugh Glass's ordeal after the grizzly attack. I am presently about halfway through reading "The Revenant" and plan to watch the movie soon after I finish the book. Friends of mine who have seen the movie told me it was excellent.

• Like 2

I saw it this past weekend.  It was really good, intense.  People were just tougher than nails back then.

I'm not sure what I'd rate it because I always have a problem with how things are portrayed that just could not be true. I won't give examples because I don't want to spoil anything. But I'd recommend seeing it on the big screen if you can.

He's just an actor , his opinions and views mean nothing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact the media uses these vacuous dolts to push their liberal narratives by giving them an exalted platform to spout the nonsense they seem to think constitutes valid opinion. This, in my mind, pushes their acting into the background in terms of their public identity and persona.

I've always been interested in the history of the mountain men and I have read several accounts of Hugh Glass's ordeal after the grizzly attack. I am presently about halfway through reading "The Revenant" and plan to watch the movie soon after I finish the book. Friends of mine who have seen the movie told me it was excellent.

It will be interesting to hear your opinion on movie after reading the story.

Have you ever heard the episode he had with the hostile natives? He goaded them into releasing him barefoot for a foot race with a head start then all the young braves took off after him.

If I remember correctly, he outdistanced all but one, then turned on him & took him out of the action. He then hid in water under some driftwood with a reed (or something) for a breathing tube until they gave up on him.

Have you read "Lewis & Clark: The Journey of the C orp of Discovery"?

Edited by wildcat junkie

I've read a whole lot of books about the mountain men. If you liked Jeremiah Johnson, read Crow Killer for the real account. The guy was the very definition of Badass!

They used to put him in charge of "security" at the rendezvous.

I read an account of him killing a man with a blow to the back of the neck crushing his vertebrae.

They also call him "Liver eating Johnson", the Crows called him "The Liver Eater".

Edited by wildcat junkie

They used to put him in charge of "security" at the rendezvous.

I read an account of him killing a man with a blow to the back of the neck crushing his vertebrae.

They also call him "Liver eating Johnson", the Crows called him "The Liver Eater".

he was captured by Indians who left a boy to watch him. He killed the boy, took his leg TO EAT, and walked shirtless hundreds of miles to civilization!