What really irritates you when your hunting ?

fasteddie

When you are out deer hunting other species , what's the thing that pulls your chain and makes you snap ?

For me , it's the dog across the road from the property that I hunt . Those folks don't keep it under control and it's shows up in the gulley and field where I have treestands . It no doubt spooks the deer and screws up my hunt . The neighbor to the west has a couple of dogs that come onto the property and bark a lot .

The neighbor said the dog didn't do that so I tried to get a couple pics and gave them to my sister in law to show the woman . I didn't see the dog this past season so she must have taken some action .

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had dogs chase a nice buck by me bow hunting.I think one of the biggest things to piss me off is finding someone in your tree stand on your own property. Or turkey hunting on you property and calling some birds in, and so idiot sneaks in from the neighbors and shoots 2 jakes 15 yards from you on your property.

I especially like when a hunter(s) walk by your stand. They don't know you're there and then when they see you instead of walking away they stop and ask "did you see anything?"  Are you kidding me???  Even better is when they see you and keep coming closer and than ask!!!

To top things off I'm hunting private land!!!  >:P 

I would have to say the worst had to be when you're spring turkey hunting.  There you are working a bird and he's gobbling his head off coming to you.  Next thing you know the bird shuts up or takes off like a bat out of hell.  You sit there scratching your head when you see another hunter who was sneaking up on the bird because he heard the bird gobble.  I can understand it happening on state land but on private land it really erks me!! Not so much that the bird left but rather that it becomes a dangerous situation.

The property I used to hunt had the Fingerlakes white trail going through it. People used to hike it during the deer season.

Some of them would veer off the trail to look at the view and such. This year my brother-in-law had enough and shut it down during season.

2 instances a shot was made toward me. I could not see the shooter, they did not answer when I whistled and yelled, or when I yelled that their deer ran over near me. A shot is MUCH louder when it is pointed at you.

I also found my stand missing one morning with a posted sign on the tree it was in, on my family's private property. The guy left his number and ended up being the "caretaker" of the adjacent land. I was more civil than I should've been because I wanted to get permission to hunt their land too. I told him he walked right past the boundary posts. They left about 8 signs (all on our property). I just may take pix one day and show them to the real landowner. Any how, the guy put my stand back.

I was hunting my land one spring and had the birds where gobbling on the roost .Well of course birds flew the other way and landed and they where still gobbling.So I circled around into this ravine, popped up on and see decoys 20 yards away on the woods edge.Then I hear someone calling, by this time I was very pissed, so I stood up and yelled.I don't remember what I yelled but I am pretty sure it was not something nice.Next thing is 2 guys come walking out, and are like you just scared those birds off.I was like this is my property and you do not have permission to hunt here. I said get the hell out of here. They parked on the next road over and walked down in. The problem I have is you can see most of my land great from the road and people see all these birds and deer, and then try and sneak in.

What really pisses me off when Im deer hunting is the fact that some hunters feel the need to "target practice" in the woods.  They feel they must fire their rifle just because they are in the woods. What they dont realize is that they are spooking any deer in the area. Go to a range please!!!!!!

My cousin was pullin i...n an 8 in double bearded tom down our logging trail and a guy who came thru the forestry walked down our loggin rd and shot the bird first..wait it gets better..as jackass walks outta the woods with his chest out..head up high and bird on his back..he walks by my favorite tree with my favorite treecam... looks right into it..thumbs up..and got his photo taken..low and behold he used to work where i just got a new job..everyone told me how he bragged about it..then he came to visit the guys one day..i recognized him right away but had no clue who i was..this situation is compelling..you just start to imagine the posibilities..so being the bastard i am i took the low rd ..threw my middle finger in his face and said things i learned from truckers..if you kno me by now youve seen my handiwork..he appoligized and being myself i refused his plee..i aint takin that crap..doing this infront of all these people at work curiously made him turn around and walk out..everyone started to laugh..but i said that shit aint funny..he knew he had no buisness doing that..and expected a quick..hey man..im sorry....now if i see anybody hunting on ours or the potato mans property i "pull em over"..name..do you have permission..im gonna have to take the beer...ok i added that

A TRESPASSER (wearing no back tag, and refusing to tell me his name) challenging me in a threatening tone (asking if I have permission to hunt on my buddy's private land). After finding out I have written permission... he 'ordered' me to go hunt someplace else 'fast' because their gang is driving the mountain side.

I now have the DEC's TIPP line programmed on my cell phone under contacts!

A TRESPASSER (wearing no back tag, and refusing to tell me his name) challenging me in a threatening tone (asking if I have permission to hunt on my buddy's private land). After finding out I have written permission... he 'ordered' me to go hunt someplace else 'fast' because their gang is driving the mountain side.

I now have the DEC's TIPP line programmed on my cell phone under contacts!

I had someone try that on me once...JUST ONCE!

This has happened to everyone..the lethal combination of saturday nights chili and beer..plus the quick sun mornin cup of coffe when they connect somewhere between the walk in and the second you sit down.. what you wouldnt give to have remembered the tp stash yer always gonna grab..or even a wetnap...and why does yer crap always look so different just layin on the ground as compared to swimin in 4 inches of water...lol

Lying in bed and hearing a gun blast down the road in one of your open hay meadows.  Then the next day finding vehicle tracks in the frost going through the middle of your alphalpha hay meadow leading to blood and a gut pile then heading back to the road.  Not only was the deer poached but the sonsabitches killed the alphalpha too.  That really annoys me.

this past season my friend takes his quad to his stand for a afternoon hunt and finds a hunter in his ladder stand. the guy in his stand said to my friend that hes trespassing. my friend said, no, this is my land and your in my stand. the guy said your crazy this is not your land.

so my friend said get out of my stand and off my land or else. the guy said screw you.

my friend hooked up his winch to the bottom ladder and started to back up.

the guy tryd to get out real fast but my friend ripped the stand down with the dude in it then beat the living crap out of him. took all his gear and told him if he wants his crap back to come back with the cops.

he has never seen that guy again. got a nice bow out of it tho.

The weekend before gun starts is useless to hunt every yahoo is shooting their gun driving around with their atv's hammering up stands... i can't understand why they can't do that in july august or september.. the best is then they complain there are no deer opening weekend!! I i was a deer i sure as heck would know season was starting and find a good hiding place!!! quiet all year then boom! like woodstock in the 60's...