Whats your fav food while in the woods?

WhiteTailBuckDeer

Lawdwaz... I agree ... I don't worry about odors either..

If they get downwind of you, they will smell you regardless, IMHO..

Personally, I never leave home without a quart of pickled woodcock gizzards in my pack... ;) ....

Last thing they'll be smelling is gun powder............................ ;D

Personally, I never leave home without a quart of pickled woodcock gizzards in my pack... ;) ....

I like that quote about the gunpowder! :-*  The pickled gizzards on the other hand must be an acquired taste, just like Doc's egg sandwiches.

Usually its lights out and they don't get the chance to smell the gun powder when my hammer drops.  8) 

I am kind of like a bear and fatten up around late summer in anticipation of those long hours fasting on stand or in the woods.  If I am on a dawn to dusk hunt I will bring a banana, hershey's chocolate bar and of course a bottle of Mountain Dew.  I really need to get off the Dew though.

On an all-day sit...I usually bring two small sandwiches...one for midmorning around 10 and another 12-1 p.m. Once I get to 1 p.m. I'm usually good to go food-wise. I do, however, bring something to drink on any sits longer than 4 hours. Usually it's a small bottle of soda or a Powerade and a few ibuprofen. I find that I can get dehydration headaches sometimes when hunting because I don't pay attention to it.

Small snacks, I love granola bars or a mix. They fill you up fast, and are relatively quiet to eat. I also bring something sugary for a quick carb burst if I don't bring a soda.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I eat a light to medium meal the night before.I dont bring any food into the woods with me just a bottle of water. Even that I only sip it here and there. If I eat I will have to poo and if I drink too much I will have to pee. I can get away with taking a leak in the dirt next to me but if the urge to poo was there it would make my hunting an uncomfortable one and less enjoyable.

PB&J, you can eat it no matter what form it takes when squished up.

agreed for longer hunts. For shorter hunts I eat a power bar. Nothing like the 10 for $10 at tops and they're loaded with protein. Only problem is the wrappers are loud and they are hard to eat when cold.

apples and bananas for me too.

Edited by Belo

I like granola bars which I always have a couple in my pack and I usually have an apple. If I am doing a long haul I may pack in a sandwich or two. Also I always have a bottle of diet mountain dew.

Now I usually do apple juce or water flavored with mio. Or on real cold days a small thermos of coffee. I have not had a mountain dew in over a year.