My Good Deed For The Day..............................

Lawdwaz

Like I mentioned above, the Town Of Amherst will take them at their Highway Dept.  They'll also take propane tanks, computers, monitors and concrete.

The taxes are high enough here that they have to take them! :)

Not surprisingly, I spoke to soon...........I stopped at the Town Of Amherst today and the guy said "no dice".  I said WTH man?  Turns out they stopped the darn program a month ago. :(

The Man said that they will pick it up in front of my house on my garbage day, March 30th.  Put it to the curb and they'll snag it.  He said that they had too many people bringing them from all over the county and they couldn't handle them all; they were overwhelmed!!

Soooo, now my wife is just thrilled that we have to look at the heap-o-garbage on the side of the house for a week until NEXT Wednesday.

One other thing the guy said was that he was told Best Buy would take it but they charged $15

I have no regrets, I'd do it again if'n I spot one in the ditch and the stars are lined up.  :)

• Like 3

I remembered that thread because I had a tv just like it that I left at my sisters house because I was sick of moving it. She couldn't give the damn thing away and I still ended up moving it. Haha

Must have weighed close to 250-300 lbs.

I don't remember which old TV of mine, but one of them (according to Google) weighed in at 160 pounds!

Brutal.................

I just called the Best Buys in Victor and Henrietta. They charge $25 per TV to accept. That's actually cheaper than other places that I've heard of...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Glad I took mine when I did (Nov) Edited by Paula

The case is gone.......although the winter was quite mild, I think this one is FUBAR.

:)

I commend you for your good deed ,not enough good people like you around these days , I also highly recommend you sit back with a cold beverage and your favorite cigar and watch Fast times at Ridgemont high.

I have built one of those poles with a spike on the end for grabbing up papers and cups and discarded bottles and even pop-cans from the ditches and woods-edges along a couple of miles of our road that I tend to annually. It's pretty handy for reaching across water filled ditches and saves the back from all that stooping over....lol.

It is amazing just what kinds of pigs travel our roads. Most of what I pick up, were not mistakenly blown out of people's hands and out the window. They were purposely thrown there with no care about dirtying their  own environment. Do these people throw their crap around at home and in their own yard? Probably not, so they do know better.

I used to clean a 2 mile stretch of Rt 219 near Boston with the Niagara Frontier Chap. NWTF, did it for about 5 years. It started out great we would go out after for a few wings and brews but by the end it was always the same 3-4 guys showing up and it became a real chore. The trash people throw out while driving is incredible!  

• Like 1

I'm the guy on the street that will walk a few houses either way of ours and pick up cans or garbage or branches in the road . The neighbor however let's her garbage can blow over and let stuff blow down the street and leave the can for the garbage men to pick up. Worst thing I've witnessed was a McDonald's bag full of trash on the 290 from the car in front of me and then the drink cup followed. I couldn't believe it.

• Like 2

I'm the guy on the street that will walk a few houses either way of ours and pick up cans or garbage or branches in the road . The neighbor however let's her garbage can blow over and let stuff blow down the street and leave the can for the garbage men to pick up. Worst thing I've witnessed was a McDonald's bag full of trash on the 290 from the car in front of me and then the drink cup followed. I couldn't believe it.

I almost got hit by a car on my OWN street when my knuckle headed neighbors recycle tote blew over and the contents started to fly, I got there just in time to stand it up and secure the top with a bundled stack of newspapers.  I hate it when garbage day and high wind warnings collide................. :)

If I think of it and have time, I'll snap a picture of something tomorrow that'll blow your mind.  On Dann Rd in East Amherst a big hunk of poly sheeting must have got snagged in some red brush on private ground.  There is a house right next door and you'd THINK they might go over and clean it up but....noooooooo, they'd rather look t it.  You won't believe it!

My wife and a bunch of kids from our street clean a stretch of the Clarence bike path every spring, they'll fill eight to ten bags and it's mostly crap that runners throw in the ditch. Runners suck

What irks me is , people volunteer to pick up trash along the highways and put it in heavy duty trash bags for pickup . They do a great community service . Within a weeks time the trash throwers have made a mess again . I would like to see some of these scums get arrested and have to clean up the highways but if one of them got hurt doing it , they would sue and win big time .

Same thing with parking lots . People drop their trash next to their vehicle and drive off . These same a-holes walk right past a trash can when going into most stores . They need their kneecaps busted ! 

• Like 2