Live from the turkey woods 2016

turkeyfeathers

I haven't had much to talk about here the first two weeks, but things are looking up the last few days!

Been working several birds for 3 mornings  in a row now.

Had one come about 3 steps away from getting himself killed this morning but he never cleared the brush where I needed him to.

I'm finally excited about turkey season again!

Gobblers are NOT coming to the fields anymore here after fly down and are simply silently strutting in the timber after 9AM.

Lots of lone hens walking away from their flocks early, but that doesn't seem to be doing much for making them vocal later in the day.... yet!

• Like 1

I went to Little Valley yesterday, didn't hear a bird at first light. I struck 1 up around 9 got set up , thought he would come down the logging road below me, wrong he went above me, had him coming in till he got behind a big blow down and hung up. I waited him out and he ended up  moving on, so I got up and followed him, called him right back only to have him go below me this time! he ended up circling around me at 60 yds. and walked off. So I followed again, he came back to within 60 yrds again and went above me! Finally he just kept walking off! this lasted about 1.5 hours. Best day so far!

• Like 3

Lost my 2nd duel- 2 days in a row to a New Jersey Boss Tom! This one was only 45 minutes before a running and cutting hen appeared before the gobbler. I have a SAT tag in that zone-so tomorrow.

did you pick a fight with her ? Good luck on tipping over that New Joisey tom

Papist, I use a HI-Viz magnetic front site.  It slips over the raised rail. Never had any problems, and I put it through a lot.

I just put this on my Bird gun. I love how it fits, and it feels like it will take some abuse. Much better than Tru Glo front sights. Thanks again for the recommendation!

• Like 1

First day out with the crossbow. Heard one far off, but trespasser on 4 wheeler went through neighbor's around 5. So loud. I can't believe anybody would ride a wheeler through the turkey woods. Birds that were here last week all silent. I'm sure he was in here during the week. I love the entitlement attitude of locals. He's parked now and "hunting". Maybe I'll get to bust him.

post-1188-0-85479900-1463219898_thumb.jp

• Like 2

So there's a slug on the inside of our blind. Daughter named it Jerome. I thought Speedy. It took close to an hour for it to crawl a foot. I'm a mean bastid. I used a stick and started him back from where he started

No birds talking

Knew a Slug long ago. Never did that to him however, he was 6'4 and weighed 260, LOL.

Hope you get a tommy!

• Like 1

So there's a slug on the inside of our blind. Daughter named it Jerome. I thought Speedy. It took close to an hour for it to crawl a foot. I'm a mean bastid. I used a stick and started him back from where he started

No birds talking

What did the slug say when he was riding on the turtles back?

WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'll show myself out...

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 1