A long 5 years

G-Man

Thanks , been quite a project.. only work on it on nice days outside barn is dirt floor and loose to many parts when they fall.. it's a 55 willys ,bought it for the dump.bed, but it ran so I decided to fix it up..

• Like 2

Roughly how much does it cost to take a beat up truck like that and turn it to the beautiful pile of gold in your last picture? That would make a sick pickup to replace my 03 accord

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn't do much to the motor as it started after sitting for 24 years (try thay with a modem vehicle) just changed the oil replaced cracked wired and replaced plugs and rebuilt carb

Everything else was restored, had 21 leafs prongs in it so I took out 11, it still rates as a 1 ton. Had a lot of metal fab including the entire bed(found a guy in pa with original plans) brakes,were complete rebuilt (drums all around) ,fender tail had to be fabricated as well as,floors ,cab corners ,rocker panels and braces, windshield frames.. a lot of dents and dings as it was used by former owner as a wood truck. Even had dents in the roof!

It should of really went to the scrap yards but it ran and I didn't have heart to take a running vehicle to the junk yard especially a rare vehicle like a pick up.

It feels so good to be almost done with it .. hoping for memorial day parade unveiling.

• Like 2

Roughly how much does it cost to take a beat up truck like that and turn it to the beautiful pile of gold in your last picture? That would make a sick pickup to replace my 03 accord

Well not including my labor ( I can't tell you how many hours I worked on it and it sat for months with nothing done) I have about 15k in parts and paint.. that includes body prep tools as I had none and bought a lot to enter into my lifetime tool supply..

• Like 2

Definitely seems like it was well worth the effort and money put in. I only wish I had the mechanical skills to build my own truck. Definitely will be awesome when you take it for that first drive after its all finished up

Definitely seems like it was well worth the effort and money put in. I only wish I had the mechanical skills to build my own truck. Definitely will be awesome when you take it for that first drive after its all finished up

I have no skills this was complete learning experiance.. but like my neighbor whos 80 and the guy that got me into the estate sale.early as he was friends with former owner and his family .told me it only.goes back together 1 way ...lol Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

Very sweet!! I love old cars/trucks.. What does it have for an engine?? Straight six???

I love the copper color you chose

It is an online 6 called the super hurricane. Produces 114 hp. Followed by a t-90 transmission and a splicer transfer case.. 3 speed, I made the color up myself..that was bad idea as paint cost.me 1000.00 should of picked something in stock... sigh live and learn.. Edited by G-Man

It is an online 6 called the super hurricane. Produces 114 hp. Followed by a t-90 transmission and a splicer transfer case.. 3 speed, I made the color up myself..that was bad idea as paint cost.me 1000.00 should of picked something in stock... sigh live and learn..

for a $1k there isn't another one like it.  I like the color more than probably cheaper in stock colors that'd be more common.