Marlin Lever Lovers Look Here!

Reminds me of one of those guns that I SHOULD have bought but did not...

About 20-25 years ago an elderly friend of mine offered to sell me his Marlin 30-30 rifle for $100.. I don't know if it was a 36 or a 336, but it was rifle (24"barrel) with a half magazine and it was not drilled and tapped for a scope.. It was in very good condition..I ended up passing on it, simply because I had ENOUGH guns and I did not really need it .. Wish now I had bought it..The old gent passed away about a year ago..

I have an 1894 in .357, sold one in .44 Mag a few years ago, a 336 in .30-30 and a 336 in .35 Rem.  I'm trying to decide if I want another one in .444 or .45-70 now.

I've never had one in the 39 in .22 though.  I have a lot of .22's but really prefer a bolt action in a rimfire rifle.

My father gave me his Model 336 30-30 that he bought in the 60s, its a great gun, but the finish is in bad shape. One of these days Im going to have the gun restored to make it look pretty again.

I have the same gun, it was my first gun, it was given to me by my neighbor who could no longer deer hunt as a Christmas present and a reward for always shoveling snow in his driveway and sidewalk.

The guy was a WWI veteran and had the most memorable stories. Miss him a lot.