Somebody shot my deer...

WNY Bowhunter

I was butchering my buck yesterday and made a unique discovery...a G5 Montec imbedded in the middle of his shoulder bone from last season!!! While not totally uncommon, it's a first for me. What is unbelievable is that the tip of the broadhead was coming out of the scapula...not into it (point was sticking out just inside the hide). I'm not certain where it entered on the opposite side (was a bloody mess) but it seems as though it had to go through the body cavity to get to where it was coming out and it should have been a dead deer due to the fact that the head almost was a pass through?

z20161021_161046.jpg

z20161021_161246.jpg

z20161021_164739.jpg

z20161021_205602.jpg

• Like 9

I shot a buck during ML season in 2006 . When I walked up to it , I thought it looked strange . It had an broken arrow shaft just below it's eye and I could see damage to his neck . The broadhead had a clip on it and I asked on a site what it was . It was a clip for a "string tracker" . I shot the buck 12-9-2006 . You never know what you will find in a deer so be careful . 

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 007.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 012.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 016.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Broadhead 003.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Broadhead 002.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Nothing short of incredible. If it came from the opposite side of the body, how did it miss the lungs? Maybe a deflection off rib or shoulder bone. Bet he had a limp.

That's the puzzling part? I watched him all summer and never noticed a limp. Looks fine here...

20161017_205230.jpg

The broadhead performed fine...shot placement was off by a little.

Very true. I actually like these heads because they seem more substantial than the muzzys that I've always used. The muzzys have always done great for me, but the blades get trashed quite easily.

29 minutes ago, MrGroundhog said:

I thought the cut was small on them, got poor blood trails on good hits, and they whistled like crazy in flight lol.   In that pic how did it miss any of the vitals? It looked like it should have went right through the lungs? 

I'd don't have any answers.  Should have been a dead deer last year I.