I'm Giving A Deer Search Presentation Tonight

grampy

3 hours ago, grampy said:

At Woodlawn Sportsmens Club in Rotterdam NY. If anyone in this area is interested.  Free of charge and all are welcome!  Will also cover blood tracking techniques for following blood trails without dogs. Starts at 8pm.

Hope it's going well, and thanks for doing that...  I'd like to learn more on blood trail tracking techniques...

Thanks guys. Had a great turn out with well over 100 hunters and club members. Some great questions from a great group of guys and gals. Was asked to come back for hunter education courses and will happily do that. Also got more presentations coming and will post them with more time in advance. As always, if I can help anyone here just ask or PM me anytime. I will always be happy to help.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, grampy said:

At Woodlawn Sportsmens Club in Rotterdam NY. If anyone in this area is interested.  Free of charge and all are welcome!  Will also cover blood tracking techniques for following blood trails without dogs. Starts at 8pm.

Perhaps you could provide the same presentation at RC Sportsmens Club in the future ?

http://www.rcsportsmensclub.org/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Perhaps you could provide the same presentation at RC Sportsmens Club in the future ?

http://www.rcsportsmensclub.org/

Be happy to. PM sent.

3 hours ago, biggamefish said:

It was a good presatation.  Thanks for giving it and donating your time.  I wanted to say hi but got there late and you guys left early. Next time thanks again.

Thank you! It would have been great to meet you! Maybe we could meet up for coffee at the East Berne Mobil, during a break in the hunting day, sometime soon? I'm buying!

2 hours ago, Big Indian said:

Did anyone tape/ YouTube the presentation?

I don't think anyone was taping last night. But it may be something, for us to try in the future? Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trial153 said:

I didnt know you were a member ....i assume you know John?

Yes, John was my mentor when I got started in 1999. We were almost neighbors. Saw him a couple weeks ago. Health problems have been keeping him down.

Yes, John was my mentor when I got started in 1999. We were almost neighbors. Saw him a couple weeks ago. Health problems have been keeping him down.

John is great guy, know him and Jolanta for many years. Hopefully he feels well enough to take a track or two up this season. I always enjoyed the time I spent in the woods with him.
  • Like 1

Sorry to say, John has retired from tracking now. But is still screening calls for other handlers. He is one of the most knowledgeable blood trackers in the world. And it has been my pleasure to learn from him and spend time with him in the woods tracking. 

I would encourage anyone, who would like to learn more about blood tracking without a dog. To read this book written by John Jeanneney. It has a wealth of information that can and will help any hunter become better at blood tracking. It could very well make the difference, between recovering or not recovering a deer, at some point in a hunters career.   And it's worth way more than what the book costs! I have no monetary connection to this book whatsoever. But highly recommend every hunter to read this book.

20161025_212313.jpg

• Like 3

Grampy, do you know of anyone in Deer Search in the western NY area?  Specifically in and around Rochester?  

I've sent two emails to Deer Search asking for more info on how to join and I haven't gotten anything back.  At the very least I'd like to meet up with some trackers to get feedback on training ideas and best practices.  

On 10/27/2016 at 11:23 AM, Padre86 said:

Grampy, do you know of anyone in Deer Search in the western NY area?  Specifically in and around Rochester?  

I've sent two emails to Deer Search asking for more info on how to join and I haven't gotten anything back.  At the very least I'd like to meet up with some trackers to get feedback on training ideas and best practices.  

Sorry to say I do not.

3 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

Was Angie there with Tekla?

No, Nicky with Xola.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 0:11 PM, grampy said:

Off hand I don't know anyone from the western chapter. But let me look into it for you. I know this is a busy time for them. Also look into unitedbloodtrackers.org. New members are always welcome!

Try calling John Jeanneney. He may be able to hook you up with someone out that way. 518-872-1779

• Like 1