what is your favorite action for deer hunting simi ,pump, lever, bolt

LJC

Gas operated autos for shotgun..I shot  Rem1100s for many years....However I have not used a shotgun for deer since rifles became legal in my county, and last year I sold my rifled slug bbl to a member on this forum.  No way I would ever use it again, unless required by law.

I have always favored bolt actions for rifles.   The two that I use the most for deer are a Rem M700 Mountain Rifle in 7MM08 and a Win  M70  Lightweight in .280 Rem...

It WOULD be cool to have a quality single shot like a Ruger #1  or one of the quality 1885 Winchester repros, but that will probably never happen. 

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

:wink:

Yea I know I don't get it tho with all the new  cad design technology   better materials they have now a days and still nobody makes that basically it comes down to the bowning   bar,  benilli R1 and the Woodmaster in simi none are what I consider light .  

40 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

:wink:

Yea I know I don't get it tho with all the new  cad design technology   better materials they have now a days and still nobody makes that basically it comes down to the bowning   bar,  benilli R1 and the Woodmaster in simi none are what I consider light .  

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I don't think you'll find a simi auto 30-06 in that weight range, but you might come closer to that weight with a pimp..

Sauer 303 is close, short 20" barrel standard, maybe 7 or 8 chamberings . Friend has a 300Win Mag and its a sweet rig. Also handled a 9.3x62 at a factory demo/range session.

Folks won't like the price tag on here.

May need to be a pimp and have you ho's pay for one.:rofl:

Strait pull bolt rifle/ bolt action shotgun....but anything will do, lots to choose from. 

• Like 1

Ahh those uncanny Europeans....

Putting short barrels on  rifles with big cartridges to shoot big hairy pigs ahead of hounds !

Isn't there a term.. BATTUE that applies to them...??..

You just can't trust those swarthy Germanic and Slavic types...< Pygmy shakes his head>.....

• Like 2