Trump's policies not welcome in NY

Comrade De Blasio and his supporters will be singing an entirely different tune when the federal funding starts to disappear and the city taxes start to go up. It'll trickle down to the statewide elections coming up as well. I see this resulting in a lot more Republican-run cities in the near future, so bring it on.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Careful what you wish for.....   We are going to have a liberal president eventually.  What goes around comes around.  

When Trump gets his policies enacted and this great American machine actually gets rolling again, it's going to be extremely difficult to stop. The Liberals are at sea without an anchor or an engine, retaining plans and policies that have been proven for the last fifty years to simply not work. It might very well be decades before they resume power.

Sorry to break it to you, but the American voters are starting to wake up. Witness the tremendous upset of two weeks ago and the current disarray of the DNC who have greatly simplified their position on everything: "That's racist!". They can't even come to grips with the fact that they were defeated, let alone comprehend the reasons why. National failure is not an option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

When Trump gets his policies enacted 

The newly elected clown president's policies are falling by the wayside on a daily basis. No more mass deportations, now his great wall is turning into a fence, wants to now keep "the good parts of ObamaCare" , "water-boarding" now not such a good idea, The New York Times has become a "great, great American jewel", climate change now suddenly is linked to human activities, he's even calling for an end to investigating Hilary. It looks like the clown president has sold you all another one of his fraudulent investments. Maybe you all might be interested in taking a few classes at Trump University???

39 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

The newly elected clown president's policies are falling by the wayside on a daily basis. No more mass deportations, now his great wall is turning into a fence, wants to now keep "the good parts of ObamaCare" , "water-boarding" now not such a good idea, The New York Times has become a "great, great American jewel", climate change now suddenly is linked to human activities, he's even calling for an end to investigating Hilary. It looks like the clown president has sold you all another one of his fraudulent investments. Maybe you all might be interested in taking a few classes at Trump University???

You really have no idea about how you're being played. I love it!

Get a healthy dose of CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT tonight so you have something for tomorrow. It won't last long.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2016 at 1:28 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

Mayor de Blasio Vows to Shield New Yorkers From Trump’s Policies

http://nyti.ms/2f0Ev2z

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Anti hunter and anti gun nuts aren't welcome in most hunting and gun sites, yet here you are Uptown. 

This is what makes you one the most ignorant jackasses i actually acknowlege... Trump never stated get them all out...That was the press. His statement was if your discoved... your gone. no mass deportation, just folloow the law on the books. He has always said the wall needs to reinforced in some areas, possibly just a fence in others. The good part of obummer care. Yes we have to keep the portion that states if you have insurance you cannot be denied by another. unfortunatly this is because companies through no fault of the subscriber, are bailing on obama care which without this provision would keep anyone with more then a cough from getting insurance elsewhere. The Times is a long standing icon of journalism. Too bad its death is self imposed. As far as Hillary... he did what he intended to do to her.. he destroyed her. whats the sence in pouring salt in that wound and keeping her relavant? Besides she knows to much. Expect a malfunction of some kind the next time her and willie fly over the pick an ocean. And with all institutions of learning.. Students get what they what they put in. If anyone thought they would be a the next greatest thing just because they had a Trump diploma.. Theyre money would have been just as wasted at Yale or Alfred... Now stop whinning that Trump IS the next president... It apears hunting hasnt calmed you down...try grabing a pole..maybe fishing will help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've lived in NYC for 20 years. What you need to understand is that to the people who live here Trump is looked at as an amusement for the tourists, much like the Naked Cowboy and dirty water hotdogs. No one takes him seriously and he doesn't travel in the 1% circle nor does he associate with the "great unwashed". I think that will change to outright hatred now that he's arrogantly screwing up Fifth Avenue. My wife's office is across the street and it is a shit show.

On another note it seems that Kasich's call with one of the trump kids was true. Trump is apparently refusing security briefings and deferring to Pence. So, if true, the VP will run things and the P will focus on making America great.

Broadcast News.

17 hours ago, philoshop said:

I'll make a prediction right now: NYS will go red in 2020 following Trump's two terms. It's a matter of getting the folks outside the cities to get out and vote.

They should break up NYC from the rest of the state you take out NYC and new york state  would be a red or  purple state go either way. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

20 million in the state.  8 million in nyc.   Where are those 12 million votes going?   Not everyone in nyc votes dem either

In nyc you have large ethnic groups that all vote one way all the time demcratic  no matter what .

So if most people vote 50/ 50 which is usally  pretty close to what happens .

Just having one group like that dramtically effects election results .  Thats how crooks like clinton and  de Blasio get in there . Plus the help of media . 

1 hour ago, Deerstalker said:

In nyc you have large ethnic groups that all vote one way all the time demcratic  no matter what .

So if most people vote 50/ 50 which is usally  pretty close to what happens .

Just having one group like that dramtically effects election results .  Thats how crooks like clinton and  de Blasio get in there . Plus the help of media . 

Exactly.  Your proving my point even more.  Ny will never go republican.  

The Democrat Party has done some serious harm to themselves over the last 18 months. God only knows what they will look like in 2018 for the mid-term elections, let alone in 2020 or 2024. They've consistently ignored everyone outside of the major bi-coastal cities and candidate Clinton actually had the nerve to stand on stage in the middle of coal country and tell people that she fully intends to eliminate their jobs. Tell me if you know, what the he!! were her handlers and programmers thinking?

Trump has, in a very short time, largely remade the face of the Republican Party, and it's resulted in his winning the election. The Dems are going to have to do some similar reconstruction of their own party to remain viable in the future. At this point, I don't even know that they've come to grips with just how badly they screwed it up, let alone if they've started to think about fixing their problems.

My point is, the Dem base of yesterday is nowhere near as solid and dependable when you look into the future. It's an entirely different game with a lot of rules changes, and just because NYC has traditionally been Democrat is no guarantee that it will stay that way.

• Like 1

Exactly.  Your proving my point even more.  Ny will never go republican.  

Identity politics. Groups voting in monolithic blocks and, despite the angry protestations from the left about racism from the right, the democrats are filled to the hilt with these groups.
  • Like 1